Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

No "Custom" in Scale HD Graphics 620

juliphix
Beginner

Hello, I wanted to change my scale, because I want stretch my game. But, I can't do this, because "Scale" haven't "Custom" point. I read another threads about that, but seems that no one have this problem.

sorry for mistakes, if i wrote them

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If the 'Custom' option is not appearing, then the software believes that the monitor is incapable of supporting scaling. Do you have anything - a KVM or HDMI switch - that could be impeding the flow of information from the display?

...S

0 Kudos
juliphix
Beginner

This is laptop. Maybe I changed something at nVidia settings?

info about display:

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @juliphix

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Since you are using a laptop and based on the last screenshot attached, it seems that you are using the built-in display, it is worth mentioning that custom scaling is possible only on external displays.

Have you tested using an external display with a straight-through connection with a single cable? (e.g.: HDMI-to-HDMI). Also, External displays may provide a button or menu item for adjusting overscan. See the display manual or contact your display manufacturer for more information.

For more information, please refer to the bottom note in this link: How to Fix Overscan on Intel® Graphics >> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057133/graphics.html

On a side note, if you are running Intel® Graphics Command Center build 1.100.2765.0 or newer, the remaining scaling options (Centered, Stretched, and Maintain Aspect Ratio) will be revealed when a screen resolution different than the maximum supported resolution or recommended for the selected display is selected. When using the Recommended Screen Resolution for the selected display, only Maintain Display Scaling will be visible. (For external displays, the Custom scaling option will also be available in order to correct overscan).

For more information please review Scale Options Are No Longer Available After Updating the Intel Graphics Command Center >> https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057700/graphics.html

You may also check game settings to see if there are Resolution/Scaling options available or check with your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) in case more options are possible through the discrete video card NVIDIA®.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello juliphix

We would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @juliphix

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos