Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

OPENGL 2.0 or HIGHER is needed by some apps. Windows 10 64 uses Intel® G33/G31 Express Chipset Family ( WDDM 1.0). I can't even find what version of OPENGL shoud I use. I can't find any clear information nor download links... Thank you

ELima12
Beginner

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Forget about getting OpenGL 2.0. One Windows 10, your graphics (and processor) are not supported. You will be using the Microsoft generic driver, which lacks features and performance, and has no support. There is no other driver for Windows 10.

You do not know what version if OpenGL you need? Sorry, we cannot help you with that. There are no download links.

What you need to do is to upgrade to a new or newer system that is supported by Windows 10. Your system is simply to old.

Doc

0 Kudos
ELima12
Beginner
Hi thank you for your answer. I use Windows 10 64 with all updates installed. Is it too old? You see, Im not a skilled user.. I've found Intel indication to OPENGL 4.5 and 600/630 driver (something like that) but thats all... So audio guys are publishing software that will never work? Any suggestions to make my Native Instruments apps produce sounds? Thank you again. All the best Eduardo Lima
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You can run Windows 10, with all the updates, but it has nothing to do with your graphics. There is simply no driver available for your graphics. Using a 600/630 driver will NEVER work, as it is not for your processor and chipset.

Audio Guys? They are writing and publishing for things made in this decade, not two decades ago.

Doc

0 Kudos
ELima12
Beginner
Ok... but what exactly is from last decade? OS? pc? Please what should I have? And not? By audio guys I mean NI, IK Multimedia etc... Native instruments requires OpenGl 2.0, not me...
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The G31/G33 graphics chipset came out in early 2007. This means it is 13 years old, which means your computer is 13 years old, and your processor is 13 years old.

Your system is simply too old to support what you want.

Doc

0 Kudos
ELima12
Beginner
OMG! Time really flyes! Think I need a TI course, a new PC etc etc Thank you so much, Im bothering you anymore lol All the best Eduardo Lima
0 Kudos