Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20948 Discussions

Odd ghosting in Excel when alternating between worksheets

BBerg5
Beginner

Greetings.

I'm on a Intel DH61BE board, have updated the graphics driver to 9.17.10.3517, run two drives in Raid 1, and use the VGA output to an HP 23" monitor. Ever since I've had this board I get a very odd ghosting effect when I use Excel and switch (Alt-Tab) between open worksheets. Here is an example:

Also if I switch too often too quickly between worksheets then Excel will hang and force me to close all open worksheets. Needless to say this is a very frustrating experience. I have searched high and low for any other users experiencing the same problem but so far I am the only one.

I would be very appreciative for suggestions.

Thanks.

Bruce

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Binto100,

I am sorry you are having this problem but let me help you.

It is very strange and as you say this can be an isolated issue. When there are programs not responding most of the times is because the system is having problems to handle all programs or all sheets at the same time but not related to graphics but system performance.

As a troubleshooting step, I recommend you testing just with one sheet or the system not running too many programs at the time.
0 Kudos
BBerg5
Beginner

Thanks Kevin.

This morning I tested with no other programs open but two worksheets and this was the result:

I did start wondering if there might be a refresh issue when working with large worksheets with many formulas so I tried opening a couple simple worksheets and there was some improvement but the issue remained. I'm running an i5-2500 cpu w/ 4gb installed and really this should not be happening. We have similar boxes here and no one else has the problem. I wonder, could it be a memory issue?

Bruce

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the information. I would like to verify some more information about your system so can you please post your graphics report and the dxdiag report here?

How to get it?

Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Copy/Paste here.

Graphics Report: Right click on desktop> Graphics Properties> Options> Drop Down Menu> Information Center> Save> Open .txt file created> Copy/Paste here.

0 Kudos
BBerg5
Beginner

Okay, I have put dxdiag in this response and the graphics report will be in the next response. Thanks!

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 7/7/2014, 08:47:12

Machine name: UPT24868

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: INTEL_

System Model: DH61BE__

BIOS: IBA GE Slot 00C8 v1365 PXE 2.1 B

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4004MB RAM

Page File: 1807MB used, 6196MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

<sp...

0 Kudos
BBerg5
Beginner

Here is the graphics report. Thank you again,

Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000

Report Date: 7/7/2014

Report Time[hh:mm:ss]: 08:57:10

Driver Version: 9.17.10.3517

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (6.1.7601)

Default Language: English (United States)

DirectX* Version: 11.0

Physical Memory: 4003 MB

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz

Processor Speed: 3292 MHz

Vendor ID: 8086

Device ID: 0102

Device Revision: 09

* Processor Graphics Information *

Processor Graphics in Use: Intel(R) HD Graphics 2000

Video BIOS: 2111.0

Current Graphics Mode: 1920 by 1080

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the information it is very useful for me.

Is there a way to test a different version of Microsoft Office Tools? What version are you using?

Is there a way for you to run all windows updates?

Kevin M.

0 Kudos
BBerg5
Beginner

Hi Kevin.

I'm not sure how to test a different versions of Microsoft Office Tools. I am currently using MS Office Home and Business 2010 preloaded on my PC that was built by a local company I have done business with for years. I have installed all Windows and Office 2010 updates through today.

Do you think it might be a memory issue?

Below are a couple shots off the Office and Office Tools installed.

Thanks.

Bruce

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I have been testing a demo from my side with very similar hardware as you have but I have not been able to reproduce the issue. I even install the Microsoft Office version you have and it is working for me.

However, I think this could be caused by the integrated graphics.

Please check your Private Messages.

0 Kudos