Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20500 Discussions

On-board and dedicated VGA.

ANass4
Beginner

Greetings,

I have got a few questions and I`m hoping to find answers please.

I am a video games streamer.

I have the following setup:

1-   MSI Z370 A-Pro MoBo.

2-   I7 8700K cpu.

3-   GTX 970 (4gbs) VGA.

4-   12 GBs of ddr4 Ram.

My cpu is set on the Genie 4 OC reaching 4.4 ghz with temps reaching 78c while gaming and streaming.

When I stream, I read the chat messages of my audience using my phone instead of a second screen because I want to make sure that I dedicate my GPU for gaming only knowing that I stream depending on my CPU only.

I have just enabled my on-board VGA from the bios and connected it to a tv.

I haven’t streaming yet because afraid of ruining things here.

My questions are the following:

1-   Assuming that I connect the TV (secondary screen) and my gaming monitor to the same GPU (GTX 970), will that affect the performance of my gpu or the quality of my stream?

2-   If I connect the secondary monitor to my on-board VGA, will that affect my cpu, cause decrease in the performance, or result in overheating issues?

3-   Could enabling 2 VGAs (on-board and GTX 970) affect the performance or lifespan of my motherboard or cpu?

I`m not an expert which is the reason why I came to you<3.

Any piece of extra information would be of great help here.

Awaiting your kind reply the soonest the possible.

Regards,

Ahmed

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

I cant answer this question , its level higher than me ,I am so sorry . I hope some intel users or moderators will answer your questions , keep stay

0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello ANass4, Thank you for posting on the Intel® Communities. We will do our best to help you answering your questions, please see below the response for each question. 1. You need to check with your computer manufacturer and the video card manufacturer to confirm if you can experience performance drops. Since these are not Intel products, we do not have any information or documentation regarding their performance. 2. That should not affect your processor. Your processor model is capable of running up to 3 display, running 2 display should not be a problem. 3. It should not impact the lifespan of the processor. Regarding the motherboard, you need to check with ASUS. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
If you need further assistance let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
If you have more questions, please let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos