Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Outlaws PC Game and HD 4000 is jumpy

GGoep
Beginner

I am using the Direct 3D Driver. When I get in certain shaded areas the graphics get all jumpy. I am on this driver.

3/19/2013

win64_15313

The last intel HD 4000 driver still had problem but not as bad.

Windows 8 64 Bit.

I know this game is old but it runs fine on my desktop GeForce GTX 670 Windows 8 64 Bit.

I tried forcing VSync on (Didn't seem to have option to turn off) etc.

Nothing works. Any body got ideas as to why I can't run this?

Here's a vid showing the prob.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Thank you for your feedback on this matter.

Let me forward this to our research team for the appropriate consideration.

0 Kudos
MLing2
Beginner

I have the exact same problem on my HD4000-Ultrabook.

Any News from the research team about this issue?

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

It appears that the issue is a compatibility problem due to the platform being used, in which the game seems to be not optimized to run on this new type of architecture, which would require an update from the game developer.

0 Kudos
MLing2
Beginner

Hi Diego, thank you for your response.

Well, i don´t think that Lucas-Arts (even if it still exists) would update a game that was made while Windows95 was state-of-art. Anyway, the game got Direct-X support after it was released by Microsoft and it looks like N-Vidia didn´t have a problem to manage this old standard.

I understand if you can´t get this issue analysed well (think you need the game for that), but i must admit that it leaves a little bit of a bad taste on my chose for an Intel graphic accelerator. Sorry.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Thank you. We appreciate your feedback on this matter.

0 Kudos