Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Performance of Valorant with i7-8750U Intel Graphics 630 & Nvidia GTX 1060

Arnedo
Beginner

Hello,

Somehow this continue happening to me. These days, I am playing Valorant on my free time. The performance of the game is not as good as I would like it to be. It runs at 70 fps, with drops to 10 fps when there is a lot of action in game. 

My PC is a laptop MSI with a Intel i7-8750U with Intel graphics 630, an Nvidia GTX 1060 and 16 Gb of RAM. The game should run much better than it does. My monitor has 120 hzs, so I would like to play on a rate of 110/120 constant fps. And I believe I can demand it.

Well, whenever I run Valorant, my PC works much more with Intel Graphics rather than the Nvidia. And it is a problem since it did not get the performance it should. 

I have deleted and reinstalled the latests drivers for Nvidia GTX and Intel Graphics, but anything has changed. I have changed all the available settings in order to use the Nvidia instead of the Intel Graphics (Nvidia control panel, Windows 10 graphic setting, etc.). But once more, anything has changed. 

I just came across this forum and found that the versión of drivers 8476 worked for Lasha, so I tried to do the same. And somehow, it works better than the lastest Intel driver. Now I can play at 90/100 fps almost permanent. 

I think this should change, and I should be able to play at 110/120 fps with the specs of my PC.

Just to make it clear, this only happens with Valorant. With other games, my Nvidia GTX works perfectly and I have a good performance with all graphics max.

I listen advices that could help with the perfomance of Valorant.

Arnedo.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello Arnedo,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html 

3. Have you tried with the drivers from MSI?

4. Have you tried updating the BIOS?

5. Have you check with MSI for any known issue with your laptop?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Arnedo
Beginner

Good morning,

First of all, I have attached the .txt file I obtained with the System Support Utility.

I have already updated to the latest Nvidia drivers as well as the intel, but as I already reamarked on the first post, I tried the 8476 version of intel drivers and I got better performance. So I am actually running that version. Which drivers from Msi you mean? I have not updated the BIOS, even though I thought it. I have not checked with Msi any issue in my laptod as soon as I have a really good performance in other games. 

I am in touch with the Valorant support team, who are trying to help me with the problem aswell.

Just for remind my problem, when I play Valorant, my PC works in a 60% with Intel Graphics 630, and with 0-10% of Nvidia GTX 1060, running at 80 fps approx. with drops when there is action (the most important moment). I wish I could play on this high range laptop at 120 fps, and I believe I can demand it.

I wait for further instructions.

Regards, Arnedo.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Arnedo, 

Thanks for the information provided. I have performed internal research and noticed that we are working on fixing this issue on this game since we have several reports with the same behavior.

The temporary advice is (as you did) to use the driver version 27.20.100.8476 or you may try with the MSI drivers (https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GS63-Stealth-8RE#down-driver&Win10%2064) and check if there is any improvement. We are submitting updates about this in a different thread, you can ask there and receive all the information about this.

- Thread: https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Valorant-Driver-Compatibility-Issues-UHD-620/td-p/1213635/page/4

Since all the details about this issue will be share and publish on the thread previously mentioned, I would like to know if you agree to close this thread.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Arnedo,   

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance or if I can close this thread.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello Arnedo, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos