Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20454 Discussions

Periodic screen cut out, very annoying

ggree4
Beginner

I am sure I am not alone in this, but I am getting slightly annoyed any way. I got a new computer at work, which was nice and I want to run two screens. The desktop come with a Intel 4000HD card with DVI-I and DVI-D outputs. The computer is running an i7-3770T. I am using a DVI-I to vga adapter and this is running to an old SD LG monitor and works very well. I then plugged a DVI-D to HDMI cable in to a new Benq 24" monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080. This works well but around 10 - 20 times a day the screen cuts out around 2 to 5 times for between 1 - 10 seconds.

I have updated all drivers and BIOS to no avail.

Many thanks in advance,

G

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Howdy_hank, I understand that when you mentioned that your monitor is cutting out, it actually means flicker. Please let me know if this is correct?

This behavior seems to be a cable situation. Since the system is working fine when using the DVI to VGA cable.

It does not seem to be an issue related to the graphics controller.

I would recommend you to get another DVI to HDMI cable and test it on your monitor.

0 Kudos
ggree4
Beginner

Hi,

thanks for getting back to me, I have tried a new cable and the effect is the same. However, recently the problem seemed to have diminished greatly with no real sign of the problem, but I have installed the new version of flash this morning and now it is back, almost all of the time, the screen keeps cutting out every 10 seconds, for about 1-5 seconds and it is very hard to get anything done. It does seem to be worse when something is moving on the screen, such as scrolling pages or a gif is playing.

Many thanks,

0 Kudos