Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Please help me either increase my fps or update my graphics drivers (its been 1500 days since update

ploom
Beginner

please help. im getting only 25 fps on an old game with the lowest graphics settings (oldschool runescape is the game)

Device name LVKA
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.84 GB usable)
Device ID EE975A5B-C7E1-4DFC-A378-259CB1FC6CBA
Product ID 00325-96496-41695-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎5/‎7/‎2021
OS build 19044.2364
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

One post is enough.  Stay with your original post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
ploom
Beginner
Windows 12 is not available to me. Do you think upgrading to windows 11 would help?
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

I did not suggest Windows 12.  This is only part of my signature and is meant to be humorous.

Why are you not updated on Windows 10?  You need to make sure Windows 10 (your OS) is fully updated.  And, you need to make sure you have the latest graphic driver.

If you are a laptop, get the latest driver from your laptop manufacturer for your laptop.

If you are a desktop, the latest driver for your processor is here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/762755/intel-6th-10th-gen-processor-graphics-windows.html

No, upgrading to Windows 11 will not help.

0 Kudos
ploom
Beginner
I’m on a laptop and everything is fully updated. Any other tips and tricks to increase my fps? Thank you for your help by the way.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You are not fully updated.   You say you are on W10  21H2.  The latest version is 22H2, more that a year later.  Updating Windows is easy, and there is no reason for you to not be on 22H2.

I have doubts about your update status and your driver updates.

DO THIS:

Download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

0 Kudos
ploom
Beginner
I got to the point where i saved the text document to my desktop. I did not hit submit.

I’m stuck at this part:
Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Can you please break those instructions step by step in layman terms? Clearly I’m not technically savvy.

I’ll toss you $60 paypal (if that’s allowed), if you can walk me through this.

Thank you for your patience.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Seriously, you don't know how to drag and drop? Click on the file and while still holding the file clicked, drag it to the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach window.

No, I don't need your $60.

...S

0 Kudos
ploom
Beginner
Once i drag and drop the txt file to my desktop, what do i do then? Sorry if I’m being a pain.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You don't drag it to your desktop, you drag it into your browser window and then to the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach box.

...S

0 Kudos