Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Please respond to the post you closed about Intel DS&A fighting with Windows Update

GraniteStateColin

See: 

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/Intel-Driver-amp-Support-Assistant-Still-Fighting-with-Windows/m-p/1468107/emcs_t/S2h8ZW1haWx8dG9waWNfc3Vic2NyaXB0aW9ufExGSTc1U09FM1QxWVE0fDE0NjgxMDd8U1VCU0NSSVBUSU9OU3xoSw#M115438

You said you were going to close it instead of answering my question and to launch a new post. So here's the new post. Please respond there in that original post.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello GraniteStateColin

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry you are experiencing this issue when trying to install the latest driver for your system as well l apologize since I am not able to post the reply on the original thread as it is already closed, however, I will be glad to assist you under this new thread.

Answering your questions from the previous thread I want to let you know that the response and information shared by @MRoss5200 is accurate and correct, as he mentioned Windows identifies each driver in a different way and prioritizes the driver from the system's vendor as it is customized for the system and it is why Windows keeps rolling back the driver to a previous version.

In order to fix this issue you can follow the steps outlined in the following article:

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) Keeps Prompting for Same Graphics Update

You can skip the part about hiding the update since I understand you want to keep the driver updated, however, the first part of the troubleshooting should fix the issue. Let us know the results.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello GraniteStateColin

I hope you are doing fine. 

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Let us know if you still need assistance. 

Best regards,  

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello GraniteStateColin

We are interested in helping you get this issue resolved. If you happen to still experience the same behavior we would like to ask you for the log files folder from Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), you can follow these instructions to get them:

How to Obtain the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) Folders?

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello GraniteStateColin

Please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue, and if so, please share with us the information requested in my previous post.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello GraniteStateColin

I hope you are doing fine. 

I have not heard back from you. So I will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards, 

Hugo O.  

0 Kudos
GraniteStateColin

Of course I'm still experiencing the issue. Has Intel fixed it? Have you provided any solution? No and no, therefore, obviously, I'm still experiencing the issue.

0 Kudos