Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Possible graphic crash while playing video game. (WoW)

DannyBoii
Beginner

I have a 552T1UA HP laptop and sometimes my entire laptop halts, distorts the sound and requires a shut down when I log into the game (WoW) itself. there are times where I get play time in but it seems more now that I get the crash instead. this doesn't happen on my nvidia 1050 ti desktop at home. I'm on windows 11, and I don't know where to go from here. I'm afraid to try updating any drivers because the HP website offers nvidia drivers but my device manager clearly states that I've  got Iris Xe graphics. The intel website says if I have an OEM machine that I should probably use their graphics. I don't know how to revert my system if I guess and get it wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also: I have the 30.0.101.1218 driver from 12/23/2021 so I'm unsure what to update to.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlHill
Super User

@StevenG   Enough of this posting to use a 3rd party tool.  As I have posted in your other thread, you can use the Microsoft wushowhide tool:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/53184.show-or-hide-updates-utility-fixin...

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos