Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

PowerDVD refuses to play 4K UHD BD on i7-9700T's UHD630. (Updated: It happened on i5-9600K SRG11's UHD630 too)

BLee37
New Contributor I

First of all, I can self-fix this issue by JUST changing my CPU to i5-8400T or i3-8350K or i7-9700K (P0 stepping).

But I want to use i7-9700T.

So I ask Intel for help.

When PowerDVD refused to play 4K UHD BD on i7-9700T's UHD630, it gave me a code 01003 which meant:

"Ultra HD Blu-rays cannot currently be played on this computer. Please make sure your graphics processor (GPU) meets the system requirements for Ultra HD Blu-rays, and update its driver to the latest version."

(For the details, see this link.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19797 )

For Cyberlink Ultra-HD Blu-ray Advisor, it said:

Windows OK

SGX OK

ME OK

RAM OK

GPU Decoding OK

HDCP 2.2 OK

Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU) NG

UHD-BD Drive OK

Windows Media Player OK

HDR OK

I tried different motherboards, including EVGA H370 Stinger, Gigabyte GA-IMB310TN (H310 with SGX on & iGPU HDMI 2.0 output). Neither of them can resolve it.

I tried several iGPU Driver versions, including 6617, 6911, 7000 (currently the latest). Neither of them can resolve it.

So I doubt if it's an iGPU driver issue.

Can Intel try to look up the driver?

Thanks very much.

My PC:

i7-9700T

EVGA H370 Stinger (BIOS 1.06 / 1.07) Gigabyte GA-IMB310TN (BIOS F13)

16GB RAM

UHD630 (3E98 Rev 02)

SSD / UHDBD drive / etc.

Windows 10 Pro 1809 / 1903

PowerDVD 14 OEM bundled from UHDBD drive

Intel Chipset INF 10.1.17969.8134

Intel SGX 2.3.100.49777

Intel ME 12.0.1256

iGPU Driver 6617 / 6911 / 7000

[Update on 02 SEP 2019]

I got a i5-9600K SRG11 (R0 stepping) whose iGPU ID is also 3E98 Rev 02.

​It also has the Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU) error.

So I think it should be a general error of all R0 iGPUs, but not the i7-9700T's specific issue.

I'll say this to Gigabyte for further motherboard manufacturer side's support.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel

BLee37, I just received an update on this matter.

Based on the fact that the problem occurs with the Intel® Core™ i7-9700T and when using the Intel® Core™ i7-9700K everything works fine, what we recommend is to get in contact directly with the motherboard manufacturer to report this sceanrio and to check for a BIOS update, specifically related to SGX and processor microcode.

The reason for this is that both Intel® Processors work with the same Intel® Graphics controller and they use the same Intel® Graphics drivers as well, it appears that for some reason the motherboard is not enabling correctly all the features available for the Intel® Core™ i7-9700T Processor.

Regards,

Alberto R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies
BLee37
New Contributor I

Update:

I move the i7-9700T to motherboard B (It has i5-8400T previously and play 4K UHD BD fine).

It also reports the Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path NG & 01003 error then refuses to play 4K UHD BD.

So I believe it is i7-9700T's issue because it causes same problem on different motherboards.

Can Intel help me resolve it?

Here is a conclusion of my tests:

[4K UHD BD playable]

EVGA H370 Stinger + 8700 / 8400T

GIGABYTE GA-IMB310TN + 8350K / 8400T

GIGABYTE Z370N-WIFI + 8400 / 8700

GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI + 9700K

[4K UHD BD not playable]

EVGA H370 Stinger + 9700T

GIGABYTE GA-IMB310TN + 9700T

[CPU steppings and UHD630 ID differences - I don't know whether it causes this problem or not]

8350K B0 3E91

8400 U0 3E92

8400T U0 3E92

8700 U0 3E92

9700K P0 3E98 Rev 00

9700T R0 3E98 Rev 02

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

BLee37, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer/board since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform. The Intel® GRaphics drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your platform.

Install the latest version of the Intel® Chipset driver provided by EVGA, 10.1.17541.8066:

https://www.evga.com/support/download/

The latest Intel® Graphics driver version provided by EVGA for the EVGA H370 Stinger is 23.20.16.4939, please test that driver:

https://www.evga.com/support/download/

Additionally, install the latest version of the Intel® Chipset driver which is 10.1.17541.8066 and also install the latest version of the Intel® Management Engine, 1801.12.0.1091 provided by Gigabyte:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-IMB310TN-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-chipset

The latest Intel® Graphics driver version provided by Gigabyte for the Gigabyte GA-IMB310TN is 23.20.16.4944: please test that driver as well:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-IMB310TN-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-vga

In reference to your question, no, the Intel® Processor steppings and ID differences should not affect the Intel® Graphics controller of the unit.

This problem, it happens with all the Blue-Ray discs?

Is PowerDVD 14 updated to the latest version?

Do you have the option to test another application to play the Blue-Ray disc?

Did you install all the Windows* updates?

Please runt the Intel® Processor Diagnostics tool to rule out a possible problem with the unit, it does an overall test and if it passes it means that it working properly:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
BLee37
New Contributor I

Thanks for the reply.

But I think you gave me some wrong suggestions.

With all my current Intel driver versions, if I change CPU to i5-8400T, the 4K UHD BD playback works again.

So why I should uninstall them and reinstall a too-old version provided by manufacturer - the too-old driver also has a problem that 9th Gen’s iGPU is not listed in the driver.

I’ll test the diagnostic tool.

If it doesn’t report any error, I’ll sell the 9700T and cancel this request since I feel Intel doesn’t want to resolve 9700T’s this problem.

0 Kudos
BLee37
New Contributor I

Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool 64bit 4.1.3.35.W.MP does not report any error.

GenuineIntel Pass

BrandString Pass

Cache Pass

MMXSSE Pass

IMC Pass

PrimeNumber Pass

FloatingPoint Pass

Math Pass

GPUStressW Pass

CPULoad Pass

The problem is, why i7-9700T’s UHD630 3E98 Rev02’s

Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU)

is failed.

I don’t think Diagnostic Tool can test it after I ran the full test and knew what it tested.

Well, since Intel ignore the fact that 4K UHD BD playback is fine by just changing CPU without reinstalling any driver and stop helping me from my direction, I’ll close this question, sell i7-9700T, warn the whole world’s 4K UHD BD PC establishers NOT TO BUY R0 Stepping Intel CPU for avoiding Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU) error, as this thread’s resolution.

Bye!

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

BLee37, Thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience, we were just trying to do different testings in order to verify if when using the Graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the boards the problem gets fixed. Those Graphics drivers even though they are old they are listed as the latest Intel® Graphics driver version provided by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and since those drivers are customized by them we recommend to install them and test them.

The fact that the Intel® Processor passed the test it indicates that it should be working properly and the reason why the Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU) failed is not because of the Intel® Processor stepping.

You mentioned that the 9th generation iGPU is not listed in the driver, so I checked the compatibility of the Intel® Processor with the boards:

According to the web site of the manufacturer, the EVGA H370 Stinger board is not compatible with the Intel® Core™ i7-9700T, so it is expected for the processor not to work properly with this board:

https://www.evga.com/support/motherboard/

According to Gigabyte's web site the GIGABYTE GA-IMB310TN board is also not compatible with the Intel® Core™ i7-9700T Processor:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-IMB310TN-rev-10/support#support-cpu

The GIGABYTE Z370N-WIFI board it is fully compatible with the Intel® Core™ i7-9700T Processor with BIOS version F11 or higher:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z370N-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-cpu

The GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI is also fully compatible with the Intel® Core™ i7-9700T Processor with F5 BIOS version or higher:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-cpu

As an option, you can always get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the boards to confirm the compatibility information with the Intel® Processor.

So, you informed us that when using the EVGA H370 Stinger or the GIGABYTE GA-IMB310TN boards you are not able to play 4K UHD BD videos, but based on the information above it is expected since the Intel® Processor is not compatible with those boards.

Just to make sure, if you test the Intel® Processor with the GIGABYTE Z370N-WIFI or with the GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI boards, is the problem the same?

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
BLee37
New Contributor I

Thanks for the reply.

I'll try the GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI the day after tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

BLee37, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

No problem at all, take your time and once you get the chance please let us know the results.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
BLee37
New Contributor I

Unfortunately, this 9700T on Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI has the same problem - Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU) error.

BIOS is F6.

All drivers are Gigabyte's latest.

I changed​ back the CPU to 9700K SRELT then the error disappeared.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

BLee37, Thank you very much for sharing those results.

We will try to replicate the issue in our Intel® lab with a platform similar to what you are using, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

In the meantime, I was looking at the specifications of PowerDVD and there are some differences between the version 14 and the latest version which is 19:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=17031

http://powerdvdzone.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=24171

By any chance, do you have the option to upgrade or download maybe a demo for PowerDVD version 19 and test it in your system? This is just to rule out a possible conflict between the Intel® Core™ i7-9700T processor and the application itself.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
BLee37
New Contributor I

For PowerDVD 19, I have the budget, but I would rather pay it for another R0 stepping CPU to rule out a possibility that not only my 9700T unit but also other R0 stepping CPUs having this problem.

If only PowerDVD 19 can fix this, I'll give up.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

BLee37, I just received an update on this matter.

Based on the fact that the problem occurs with the Intel® Core™ i7-9700T and when using the Intel® Core™ i7-9700K everything works fine, what we recommend is to get in contact directly with the motherboard manufacturer to report this sceanrio and to check for a BIOS update, specifically related to SGX and processor microcode.

The reason for this is that both Intel® Processors work with the same Intel® Graphics controller and they use the same Intel® Graphics drivers as well, it appears that for some reason the motherboard is not enabling correctly all the features available for the Intel® Core™ i7-9700T Processor.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
BLee37
New Contributor I

They should not have a quite same iGPU since

9700K SRELT P0's iGPU is 3E98 Rev 00.

9700T SRG17 R0's iGPU is 3E98 Rev 02.

But anyway I'll try to report it to Gigabyte after another R0 CPU with iGPU 3E98 Rev 02 being tested by myself.

Thank you very much for all the reply.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

BLee37, You are very welcome, thank you for providing that information.

Yes, that will be the best thing to do, to get in contact directly with the motherboard manufacturer to report this scenario.

Just to let you know, when you mentioned that the Intel® Processors do not have quite same iGPU, you are actually referring to the S-spec, that specification is not related to the Intel® Graphics controller portion of the unit it is not related to the graphics functionality .

In the following links you will be able to confirm that both Intel® Processors work with the same Intel® Graphics controller, which is Intel® UHD Graphics 630:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/186604/intel-core-i7-9700k-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-90-ghz.html

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/191048/intel-core-i7-9700t-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-30-ghz.html

Any other inquiry, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
BLee37
New Contributor I

[Update on 02 SEP 2019]

To Mr. R.:

I got a i5-9600K SRG11 (R0 stepping) whose iGPU ID is also 3E98 Rev 02.

​It also has the Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU) error.

So I think it should be a general error of all R0 iGPUs, but not the i7-9700T's specific issue.

I'll say this to Gigabyte for further motherboard manufacturer side's support.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

BLee37, Thank you very much for sharing that information.

Yes, that will be the best thing to do, to report this error directly to Gigabyte, since according to their web site the Intel® Core™ i5-9600K Processor is also fully compatible with GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI board, if it has the same error it means that probably a BIOS update might be needed to enable all the features of the Intel® Processor.

Please let us know the outcome of reporting this scenario to Gigabyte directly, that information will be useful and helpful for all the peers in the Intel® communities viewing this thread.

Any questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
BLee37
New Contributor I

Gigabyte replied me 3 days ago.

They said they had already enabled Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI’s all functions on the F7a BIOS & used the latest microcode.

They were considering it’s a PowerDVD 14 OEM’s issue.

But from the telephone talk, Gigabyte China support team didn’t know the detail of 4K UHD BD playback requirement. I had to explain much more for this.

Maybe I should contact Gigabyte Japan for my last try since Gigabyte Japan had cooperated Pioneer & Cyberlink & Japan IT media for the 4K UHD BD playback on PC that they should know everything well.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

BLee37, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

Yes, that will be a good option to try, to get in contact directly with Gigabyte Japan support team for them to provide further details about this topic and also to check why the motherboard is not enabling correctly all the features available for the Intel® Core™ i7-9700T Processor.

They will be able also to confirm if there is a BIOS update related to SGX and processor microcode that you can install to try to fix this problem.

Any questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Alberto R.

0 Kudos
AK0829
Beginner

HI,

I am trying to run 4k dvd's on my Pioneer BDR-212ubk. I have the following configuration .

MB - Gigabyte Z390i pro wifi

Intel I9-9900k

MS windows 10 (version 2004)

I am running cyberlink uhd advisor and for some reason it's failing on SGX and on Advanced Audio Video path.

I installed the intel HD 630 driver. I also installed the Intel ME version 25.

Is there anything I am missing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos