Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Problem installing the Intel graphics driver

YZago
Beginner

Intel driver support assistant offers to install a new driver, but the installation does not end there. The old driver remains in the system. Please tell me what the error is related to. Logs file in the attachment.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello YZago, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  
  • Use the paperclip icon to attach the report to the thread. 

2. What is the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) version that you currently have installed? The version can be found in the Intel® DSA tray icon by right-clicking on and choosing "Settings" or viewing it under Programs and Features in the Control Panel. 

3. Do you get any error message while making the update of the graphics driver? If yes, please provide a screenshot. 

4. Please provide a screenshot of the available downloads that Intel® DSA offers. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

Intel Customer Support Technician.  

0 Kudos
YZago
Beginner

Hello, Sebastian M.!

Thank you for your help in solving my problem..

IDSA version - 20.5.20.3

The ISSU report and a screenshot of the IDSA message about the available new driver in the attachment.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello YZago, 

Thank you very much for your reply. 

1. Unfortunately, I am unable to see the Intel® SSU attached, can you make sure that you are using the paperclip icon on the thread to attach it? Please keep in mind that only one file can be attached at a time. 
  2. Also, the image you provided is a .RAR file, can you please provide it in a .PNG format? You can use the regular Snipping Tool available on Windows to take the screenshot. 
  3. Can you confirm if you get any error message while making the update of the graphics driver? If yes, please provide a screenshot.  

This information can be very useful to get your system's information and possible causes and fixes for this behavior. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos
YZago
Beginner

I'm sorry that I attached the files incorrectly right away. There is no error message when installing the driver.

0 Kudos
YZago
Beginner

ISSU report

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello YZago, 

Thank you for your reply. 

There are some useful details that I would like to confirm, please provide the following: 

1. I can see that your system model is a TECLAST X80 Pro E3E7_A1, this system is a tablet, right? 

2. I can see that Intel® DSA shows an update, however, the support here is provided in English so I will not be able to translate screenshots in a different language, in that case; can you please check what is the actual driver version that Intel® DSA prompts you to install? 

3. You can also try the different validated browsers:  Chrome, Firefox, or Edge* (version 44.17763/18.17763 or newer browsers.) Look here to find out how to check your version of Edge.  

4. Uninstall the  existing Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) from Apps and Features: 

• Click Start
  • Open Control Panel
  • Select Programs
  • Select Programs and Features
  • From the list that displays, click Intel® Driver & Support Assistant
  • Click Uninstall
  • A new window opens that offers to uninstall the program. 

5. Remove any remaining files from the Intel® DSA in the system using the Uninstaller tool

6. Download and reinstall the latest Intel® DSA version, run the installer as administrator (right-click on the icon and choose Run as Administrator). 

Regards, 

Sebastian M. 

0 Kudos
YZago
Beginner

Hello, Sebastian M. !

Thank you for the detailed answer.

Yes, I have A teclast X80 Pro e3e7_a1 tablet.

I did everything as written. As a result, ISDA installed the same version 20.5.20.3.

I Looked carefully at the installation process - it turned out that the problem is related to installing the driver for the Intel AVstream camera, although ISDA offers to install the INTEL graphics driver for some reason. I don't quite understand how this can be. In the attachment screenshots..

Regards,  YZago.

0 Kudos
YZago
Beginner

screenshot 2

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello YZago, 

Thank you for the information provided.   

Please check our recommendations below: 

• You do have the latest graphics driver installed on your system, please keep in mind that the latest driver version available on our download center is the 15.40.45.5126, and the version you have is the 20.19.15.5126. In this case, you see the first 3 sets of numbers differently because Microsoft's nomenclature is different than the Intel's one, you can check that here. 
  • Otherwise, all the drivers for the AVStream Camera, are not provided by Intel® directly, they are provided by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), so I will highly recommend you to contact them for the drivers for this device. 
  • The developer team in charge of the Intel® DSA is aware of some other problems reported for this tool, so a new release would be coming in the next days, however; there is not an ETA for it. 

Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Regards, 

Sebastian M.  

0 Kudos
YZago
Beginner

Hello, Sebastian M. !

I understand your answer. Thank you again for your help!

0 Kudos