Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Problem of 12th gen H-series intel Xe internal graphic frequency lock 100mhz

luxiaoshi
Beginner

屏幕截图 2022-04-28 100543.jpg

My computer is Asus Zephyrus M16 with I9 12900H and Rtx 3070ti

I found that when I watch 4K video on YouTube and Bilbili video platform, the xe graphic always on the 100% occupied rate, then I disabled the rtx3070ti and found that xe graphic works always on the 100Mhz

xe driver is 101.1631, the latest version

Here are some other users using the same generation CPU reported the same question and it seems already last for a long time.

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7794310670

屏幕截图 2022-04-28 102613.jpg

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7726322122

屏幕截图 2022-04-28 102633.jpg

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

luxiaosh, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know, we only deliver support in English language, so, we will not able to understand any of the information that is shown in a different vocabulary.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, first, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new laptop?

When did you purchase it?

You mentioned: "the xe graphic always on the 100% occupied rate, then I disabled the rtx3070ti and found that xe graphic works always on the 100Mhz" Was this computer always showing this same behavior, or was it working differently before?

When did you notice this problem?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes besides disabling the rtx3070ti that might cause this issue?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
luxiaoshi
Beginner

Reply,

This is a new computer and my purchase date is February 2022. This does not necessarily happen, it happens randomly. I noticed this situation because I found that the video on the web page was stuttering, and the graphics card used by the browser was not an rtx discrete graphics card. Then I disabled the discrete graphics card and used the stress test software to confirm the problem, and then I got the screenshot I sent. Recently made hardware and software changes there is a patch KB5012643 that updates Windows 11, at home. If the ssu report happens again, I will post it later

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Thanks for reaching out to us.

You mentioned that you made hardware and software changes; however, you only stated installed the patch KB5012643. We want to confirm which hardware change you have performed. It will help us determine if this could be the root cause of your issue.

Also, please provide us with the SSU report, as this provides us with vital information that will help us with further assistance for your issue. Remember to check all the options in the report, including the one that says "3rd party software logs": (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?product=91...)

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello luxiaoshi, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
luxiaoshi
Beginner

I reinstall the up-to-date official drive instead of oem provided one, It seems do not lock frequency again.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

luxiaoshi, Thank you very much for letting us know those results.

"I reinstall the up-to-date official drive instead of oem provided one, It seems do not lock frequency again.", Perfect, excellent, it is great to know that the problem with the frequency getting locked on the processor got fixed by installing "the up-to-date official drive", and now the computer is working properly as expected.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos