Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Problem with HW decoding of timlene playback in Premiere Pro 2020 with UHD 630 Graphics

Prizrak_enota
Novice

I have PC with i5 10400, 16 Gb RAM, GTX 1060 3Gb, 120 Gb SSD, 1 Tb HDD

Monitor is connected to my primary graphic adapter - GTX 1060. In Premiere Pro 2020 there was active HW decoding of timlene playback with UHD630 Intel QuickSync and encoding with GTX 1060. But with UHD 630 drivers newer then 27.20.100.8476 the HW decoding of timline with QuickSyns is inactive. Is is not depends of Premiere Pro version, I have tryed all builds. All versions of UHD 630 Drivers from 26.20.100.7926 to 27.20.100.8476 have active HW decoding of timline with QuickSync, and all versions from 27.20.100.8476 have inactive HW decoding of timline with QuickSync.

Will UHD 630 drivers have active HW decoding of timline with QuickSync in Premiere Pro in future? Or 27.20.100.8476 Driver stay the last properly working driver for Premiere Pro on systems with two gpus?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Prizrak_enota,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

To better assist you, I would appreciate if you could provide the following information:

• Please provide your Operating System version.
  • What is your Adobe Premiere Pro* version? Is it up to date?
  • Please provide the version of the graphics driver that is currently installed.

I understand that only driver 27.20.100.8476 and previous versions, will have this option enabled in Adobe* is that correct?

Esteban D.

Intel Technical Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Prizrak_enota
Novice

Hello Esteban_D_Intel

OS is Windows 10 Pro 2004 with latest updates.

Now I use Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 14.4.0.38 but this issue doesn't depend of Premiere Pro version, only Intel UHD 630 driver version.

Currently I use driver 27.20.100.8476 because newer drivers have disabled HW decoding. I have already check newest version 27.20.100.8681 and it has this option disabled.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Prizrak_enota,

Thank you for your response.

This is an interesting behavior that I would like to check for you.

By any chance have you checked with the software developer for any similar behavior reported?

Additionally, Please provide the configuration/settings that you check in Adobe Premiere Pro* to determine that the feature is disabled.

Do you see any error message related to the feature? Or the option is just greyed out?

Esteban D.

0 Kudos
Prizrak_enota
Novice

Yes, I send report on this issue to the software developer by using Graphics control center.

To control HW decode of video playback I use Task Manager in Windows or GPU-Z.

In task manager I look "Video Decode" shedule in UHD 630 tab. With driver 27.20.100.8476 and earlier shedule is active and shows some load while playing and exporting videos. With driver 27.20.100.8581 and newer the shedule shows always zero load.

I don't see any errors related to this feature. It is just greyed out.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Prizrak_enota,

Thank you so much for your response.

We understand that this behavior is not dependent on the Adobe Premiere Pro* version that you are using, however, I would recommend providing this feedback to Adobe* support as well for further instructions or a similar reported issue with other devices.

On my side, I will be more than glad to further investigate this for you.

I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Prizrak_enota,

Thank you so much for your patience. I would like to provide an update on this matter.

QuickSync is no longer working on computers that use Hybrid graphics with later versions of the graphics driver on computers using Hybrid graphics.

Therefore, this may affect the performance of certain applications that require Intel QuickSync for certain features. In this case the “Hardware-accelerated Deconding (Intel® Quick Sync)”

That being said, we would recommend contacting the affected application developer to report this behavior to them and get further instructions. Hopefully, future releases of the software will include a fix for this matter.

Please check with them and do not hesitate in providing this thread as a referece.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
Prizrak_enota
Novice

Hello Esteban_D_Intel

Thank you for help.

I have already contact Adobe support for this reason but have not received any answer yet.

Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Prizrak_enota,

Thank you for your patience.

I understand, we really hope that you will be able to resolve this after reporting the behavior to Adobe*

As you will require direct assistance from the software developer we will proceed with the closure of the thread.

If you require further assistance please post a new question.

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos