Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Problems with Intel Graphics 750

Strif
Novice

Hello. I have two i5-11600 processors. And on both PC I have the same problem with displaying qr code in watsapp app or web.whatsapp.com (does not depend on web browser.). In addition, there are problems with displaying some elements in a web browser. 

I updated Windows, including optional updates. And I even reinstalled the system with a fresh Windows 10 image.

I tried with the drivers from  motherboard manufacturer. The driver from the motherboard manufacturer is older than yours latest (9127). 

I tried different monitors/TV and cables. I tried to connect via hdmi and display port on the monitor. And I tried to connect via hdmi on the TV. Changed cables and nothing.

Also I updated the BIOS of motherboard and the problem persists.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @Strif

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this further, could you please provide the following information?

1- Checking the Intel® System Support Utility report, we noticed that the system has discrete graphics: NVIDIA* GeForce RTX 3080. Could you please elaborate more on how you determined the issue is specific to the Intel® integrated graphics?

• If you use only Intel® graphics? Does the issue persist?
  • If you use only discrete graphics? if the behavior the same?

2- Do the systems have the same configuration? For instance: motherboard ASRock* Z490 Extreme4 + Intel® Core™ i5-11600 Processor + NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080?

3- We noticed that you mentioned that https://web.whatsapp.com/ "does not depend on web browser". However, in order to have the proper information, could you please confirm the web browsers that you have tested? Are they up to date?

4- For testing purposes, do other QR code generators show the same behavior? You may test using a free QR Code Generator* available on the web. For instance, https://www.qr-code-generator.com/

5- We reviewed the other images that you shared. Just to be sure we understand correctly, please elaborate more regarding what the "other problems with displaying some elements in a web browser" are.

6- Please run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to verify that both the processor and the GPU (Graphics Processing Unite) are fine.

To save the report, once the test is done, click on "File >> View Results File" and attach the .txt file to your reply.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Strif
Novice

Hello @AndrewG_Intel 

1. Oh, easy. Since earlier I had Intel® Core ™ i5-10400 installed on both PCs and there was no distortion on sites and applications.
The image is displayed on the monitor through the motherboard from the intel 750 UHD adapter.

If I use only Intel graphics, then the problem persists.
If I use only nvidia discrete graphics, then no problem.

2. No, the configuration is slightly different. ASRock * Z490 Steel Legend + Intel® Core ™ i5-11600 Processor + NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080. Also different drives and different RAM modules.
I can ask my girlfriend to create a new ticket.

3. I have a problem in web browsers: google chrome, opera, cent, microsoft edge.
You asked a very correct question. After it I installed firefox, tor. Firefox and tor web browsers do not have this problem! This doesn't solve the whole problem. After all, distortions remain in some applications from the Microsoft store as well as in other web browsers.
Yes, all browsers have been updated to the latest up-to-date version.

4. Yes, there is image distortion. However, here the distortions are less pronounced and the smartphone can still read the QR code.

5. Various distortions. These can be various pixels, dashes, clusters, which should not be on images, web elements (buttons, check boxes), elements of online maps.

6. Done.

0 Kudos
Strif
Novice

Hello @AndrewG_Intel 

5. I have attached some more examples.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Strif

Thank you very much for all the details provided and the images, this is very useful. Please allow us to look into this and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as more details are available or if additional information is required.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
ifreire
Novice

Hi Andrew G.

I am having exactly the same problem with my system.

My system details:

Intel Core i7 11700K
Asus Prime Z590M-Plus
Windows 10 Pro

I managed to get the images correctly displayed in MS Edge by disabling hardware acceleration. Even the What's App qrcode is correctly generated and it can be read from the smartphone.

But, the problem is still ocurring with apps from the Windows Store. I followed many guides from the internet trying to disable hw acceleration in Windows 10 but it seems that the option have been removed from the settings.

Regards

Israel Freire

AndrewG_Intel

Hello Strif

We are still checking this and we would like to know if you could confirm if hardware acceleration is active in Windows/browsers. If it is, could you please disable it, test the app/QR code again, and let us know the outcome?

Please provide details.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Strif
Novice

Hello @AndrewG_Intel 

Yes, I turned off hardware acceleration in Google Chrome, Opera and Edge browsers and that fixes the problem.
In Windows, I could not turn off hardware acceleration, or the problem remains.

Hopefully you can fix this so that I don't have to turn hardware acceleration on / off.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello @ifreire

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities and for your feedback, we are currently investigating this behavior.

Everyone's situation and environment are unique so we kindly recommend creating a new thread to isolate your case and system configuration. Please make sure you add the information of the system model and specs, detailed information of the problem that you are having, plus all the information that you have added to this thread, so we can get more information about the problem.

Thank you for your understanding; hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Strif,

Thank you for share the outcome. We are currently checking this internally, please expect an update soon.

Regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I have great news! This issue is already confirmed to be fixed with our latest driver build (internal for now). Great, but what does this mean? In short, it means that our next public driver release will have the fix for this issue.

The target release date for the next Production driver is mid-June 2021 so the fix for this issue is coming very soon.

Please stay tuned for news. 

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

ButteredToast
Beginner

Is there any news on the release of this updated driver? I'm also having the same issues as the op.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi @ButteredToast 

There was a last minute delay with our next production driver, but the fix for this issue is included in our Beta driver 30.0.100.9667

You can install the Beta and once the Production driver gets published you can just uninstall it and install it.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

Strif
Novice

Hello @RonaldM_Intel 

Thank you for the good news!

0 Kudos