Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Problems with screen following Windows 10 update

PChar5
Beginner

Hi

I have recently updated to Windows 10 on a fairly old machine - generally with no problem.

However, I am having a few issues with the screen - especially when I use a second montitor.

1) In general the screen is very dull and I can not make it brighter (I can change the slider but it does nothing).

2) When I have a second monitor it works - but if I am working on a powerpoint presentation on the second screen, then start slide show, when i leave the slide show it puts me back using the laptop screen (which is very dark). So I have to go and change the settings so only the second screeen is used. I have updated the driver settings (going through device settings/display adaptors/Intel (R)HD then update settings) - but nothing happened.

I tried to download this:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25313 Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*, 8.1*, 10 (3rd Gen & BYT)

but it said "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". I attach below some of the details.

If anyone could help that would be grand.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
0 Replies