Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Problems with white glitches on videoplay

geluadi
Beginner

Hello all,

the system crash periodically with freezing image and white glitches. Playing video on VLC make to crash periodically. In Chrome ,the 4k videos show big numbers on framed drop.

Dont know how to handle this.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Reps
Beginner

Try to turn off/on hardware acceleration in Chrome settings.

0 Kudos
geluadi
Beginner

does not help

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello geluadi, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the problem persists and if you still need assistance on this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
geluadi
Beginner

Hello Albert,

Since I haven't received any driver updates so far, the problem remains.

I think YouTube has already become a random issue:
1. if it stays on automatically it takes me to some videos at 360p/720p when they are valid even 4k and 8k
2. if I choose 4k, the drop rate is high (over 30%)
3.sometimes 8k60fps HDR works like a charm (for ex.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1La4QzGeaaQ&t=187s)sometimes not

What is unsatisfactory / annoying is that when glitches appear, the system becomes completely blocked and only with a stop (pushing 6 sec on on-off button) can I use it back.

0 Kudos
geluadi
Beginner

now is happening also on youtube videos

0 Kudos
Reps
Beginner
Have you tried to see if the issue occures on a different browser?

Try Edge or Firefox
0 Kudos
geluadi
Beginner

its related also to media players like MPC-HC, VLC,....

0 Kudos
geluadi
Beginner

adding "Event Viewer " details

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

geluadi, Thank you very much for providing that information and the pictures.

Based on the information shown in the SSU report, we can confirm that the graphics driver version currently installed on your computer is 30.0.101.1660, provided by Intel®.

It is important to mention that the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, so they might or might not work with your specific machine as expected. For that reason, we always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on ASUS's website and the latest graphics driver they have available is version 30.0.100.9833. Please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the links below:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/PRIME/PRIME-H610M-E-D4/HelpDesk_Download/

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Also, we advise you to get in contact directly with ASUS support to verify that the BIOS version currently installed on the PC is the latest one or, if necessary, to gather the instructions on how to install it:

https://www.asus.com/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
geluadi
Beginner

Hello Alberto,

thanks for the details. I will do clean installation based on your instructions.

for the future, should i stick on Asus driver update rather then Intel drivers?

I will let you know any issue with the new drivers.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
geluadi
Beginner

adding another 2 "critical events with Asus driver suggested"  . And Windows update suggest right now to install :Intel Corporation - Display - 30.0.101.1002.

So is a verry good situation for me as early adopter of gen12 Alder and asus ! 

What you suggest? 

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello geluadi, You are very welcome, thank you very much for letting us know those updates.

"for the future, should i stick on Asus driver update rather then Intel drivers?"

Yes, that is something that we recommend to do, basically, because the drivers provided by ASUS were tested and validated by them as the proper ones for your platform and also because they contain the customizations done by ASUS for the computer to comply with the features and functionality that were advertised for it.

"And Windows update suggest right now to install :Intel Corporation - Display - 30.0.101.1002."

Correct, Windows* will always keep offering drivers that probably are newer than the ones provided by ASUS. As you can confirm in the link below, the driver version currently being offered right now does not belong to Intel®:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html?

So, you can always install the driver provided by Windows or the latest graphics driver provided by Intel®, which is version 30.0.101.1660 that you already installed once, and then test if the problem with the white glitches gets fixed that way. If the issue remains then to install the driver provided by ASUS will be the next thing to do.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
geluadi
Beginner

i contacted Asus suport.

They instructed me to send back proc+MB to the provider since this issues are not related to driver.

They said that is a hardware issue. If they say so....

I think next week i will send to my vendor and i will keep in the loop because is important for other user which will meet same issue.

@Alberto-Thanks

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

geluadi, Thank you very much for sharing those results.

"They instructed me to send back proc+MB to the provider since this issues are not related to driver."

Perfect, excellent, we are glad to know that ASUS was able to diagnose the issue as a hardware problem and now your vendor/provider will be able to further assist you with this scenario.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
geluadi
Beginner

follow-up

As a result, the processor was replaced.

The motherboard has not.

After I receive and install them we'll see how they work.

First time I've come across a processor with problems.🤔

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

geluadi, Thank you very much for providing those updates.

"First time I've come across a processor with problems": Yes, even though it is very unlikely for the processor to be defective sometimes it happens.

"As a result, the processor was replaced.", Excellent, it is great to know that the source of the problem was detected in order to fix it and that they were able to replace the processor for you.  

"After I receive and install them we'll see how they work.", There should not be any problems from now on, still, I will do a follow-up in a couple of days just to verify the behavior of the system and make sure that everything is working fine.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello geluadi, I just wanted to confirm if the problem with white glitches got fixed after replacing the processor and if now everything is working properly with the computer?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
geluadi
Beginner

Hi Albert,

for now is ok.

Thanks

If any issue i will come back . 😁

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi geluadi, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

"for now is ok", Perfect, we are pleased to hear that. "If any issue i will come back", Sure, no problem at all, we will proceed to close this case now since gladly everything is working fine with your system.

Any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos