Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

QuickSync not showing up

Axzel
Beginner
I have little knowledge with these as I'm not a PC-guy, I'm sorry but do bear with me.

I have an i7-2630QM and I'm pretty sure it's confirmed to support QuickSync, but it's not showing up in my OBS or Shotcut.

It's Toshiba Satellite P750
i7-2630QM
Intel HD Graphic Family ( it does not show anything else in dxdiag or msinfo32 )
Toshiba PEQAA

I've tried similar apps on different laptop and it did showed QSV as Hardware Encoder.

HP Spectre XP
i5-3337U
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Hewlett-Packard 1888

I'd like the Toshiba to have QuickSync, or at least know if it's possible to have it
and I'd also like to have some pointers as to why one has QuickSync and one doesn't.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There should be drivers for Windows 7 - and perhaps even for Windows 8 and 8.1 - that have this capability. The problem is that Intel is not hosting drivers for any products this old (IMHO, their slimy way of trying to force you to upgrade your hardware). You will have to look for the drivers elsewhere - but be careful; there are a lot of untrustworthy sites providing hacked driver installers that inject malware and SPAM.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This processor, which actually has Intel HD Graphics 3000, was never supported by Intel for Windows 10. Saying this another way, intel never provided a Windows 10 driver for this processor. As a result, the Microsoft Compatibility Driver is installed by the Windows 10 installer. As you have seen, the support provided by this driver is out-of-date and incomplete. There is really nothing that you can do about this (well, other than getting an newer laptop).

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos
Axzel
Beginner
Hi, thanks for responding. So it's a 3000. Thanks for that.

Alright this may sound so dumb but what if I'm still in Windows 7 (Home Premium)? Does it share the same results as Windows 10 result that you have mentioned?

That's too bad considering it probably is the strongest Laptop I ever have compared to previous ones (having 8gb Ram and all that is not for gaming).
I do have another laptop coming ( although it is more of coming back ) but I'm not sure if it has QuickSync ( I never really bothered in this QuickSync thing until just yesterday ). I'm just hoping it does and I hope it can handle OBS and other Video Editing Tools just fine.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There should be drivers for Windows 7 - and perhaps even for Windows 8 and 8.1 - that have this capability. The problem is that Intel is not hosting drivers for any products this old (IMHO, their slimy way of trying to force you to upgrade your hardware). You will have to look for the drivers elsewhere - but be careful; there are a lot of untrustworthy sites providing hacked driver installers that inject malware and SPAM.

...S

0 Kudos
Axzel
Beginner
Alright so either I take the risk of reinstalling the driver or hope the returning Fujitsu Laptop supports QuickSync. Thanks for the pointers. At least I have a much clearer path than yesterday.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Third choice:  Abandon this effort and get a system that has an 8th gen or later processor.   After all the time and effort you will waste messing with this old, unsupported hardware, you will be be better off by simply abandoning this effort.

Do not get me wrong.  I have a lot of older hardware I keep running.  But, there comes a time when you are faced with deminishing returns.  Keeping old hardware running provides nothing of value.

Just an opinion.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
Axzel
Beginner
Yeah, I would go for 3rd option if money's not a problem, but right now I'm keeping myself from spending so much, and I doubt anyone would buy 2 potato laptops for me to earn and get a stronger new one.

But thanks for that, I really really have no idea about any of these hardware and graphics stuff and if I can, I do just get a newer one to save myself from worrying, but as I mentioned I'd keep myself from spending and so I tried to dig in with these hardware and specs thing and see if I can workaround with them without spending anything.
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

But, by not getting a new system, you will be spending more.  The time, risk, effort, lack of functionality, regression to W7 (if you go that way), all come at a cost.  Many users think this is the cheapest path, but it is not.

But, to each his own...

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello Axzel

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.  

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products website (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html) website helpful to address your request.  

You can get the specifications and verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel® Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued". https://ark.intel.com/ 

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.  

Best regards,  

David G.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos