Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

Quicksync performance on Core "T" processors

oihsdf984huis
Beginner

Of course, "T" processors have lower CPU clock speeds. However, if you compare iGPU clock speeds, e.g. i5-12500T v i5-12500, they have same iGPU clocks. Does this mean that quicksync performance will be the same between them?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

oihsdf984huis, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

As you mentioned, the "T" processors have lower CPU clock speeds" and both of them, in this case, "have same iGPU clocks", as we can confirm here:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=96140,96144

So, in reference to your question, I will do further research to verify if the Intel® Quick Sync performance will be the same for both of them or not. As soon as I confirm that information, I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello oihsdf984huis, I just received an update on this matter.

It is important to mention that, in this case, we are not able to comment on benchmarking and performance since, depending on the system specifications, the performance can be different even though the computers being used/compared have similar or equal specifications, due to the fact that the configuration for every system is always different. 

However, the performance of the GPU is going to be generally better if the clock speed and number of EUs (Execution Units) are higher. For this scenario, they are the same but still, those are not the only factors that determine overall performance, it is important to consider the amount of VRAM, Operating System, and applications used for encoding/decoding when talking about Intel® Quick Sync.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos