Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Re: Intel driver & Support Assistant V 20.8.30.5 update loop

TT_TLS
Novice

Hello Doc,

thanks for instant reply.

I managed to unistall the IDSA 20.8.30.5 with the help of the DSA unistaller and reinstalled 20.8.30.5 from the Intel website.

The IDSA is now running stable and I can see the 2 updates available:

HD Graphics and serial io

The messages for available driver update in the system tray still pops up with 2 Hz frequency.

After installing the first update the pop up with 2 Hz remains with correct information: 1 updapte available.

I switched of the option of messages for IDSA in the system tray.

I do not know if I should invest more time on the subject as IDSA is working and the only inconveniance is manual check  for driver updates.

The problem may be in the jungle between IDSA and W10 updated.

Thanks again for quick reaction

TT

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Monique_Intel

@TT_TLS    This is Monique with Intel Corporation. I had posted a reply earlier this week that we had seen reports of this error and have released a fix for this notification loop on July 31 3:45p PST with version 20.8.30.6.  Once you update, please let us know if the fix resolved the spamming notification.

Thank you,

Monique with Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Monique_Intel

@TT_TLS    This is Monique with Intel Corporation. I had posted a reply earlier this week that we had seen reports of this error and have released a fix for this notification loop on July 31 3:45p PST with version 20.8.30.6.  Once you update, please let us know if the fix resolved the spamming notification.

Thank you,

Monique with Intel Corporation

n_scott_pearson
Super User

You may have to first follow Al's advice and uninstall the version of IDSA you have been running. Then, open https://downloadcenter.intel.com and select to get and install the latest version.

Hope this helps,

...S

TT_TLS
Novice

Hello ...S

There was no need to run uninstall / install procedure. At IDSA launch new version 20.8.30.6 was immeditatly live.

Thanks for advice

TT_TLS

0 Kudos
TT_TLS
Novice

Hello Monique,

I launched IDSA, checked installed version it is now 20.8.30.6

So new version is active without manual intervention.

HD Graphics driver listed as available in IDSA.

I enabled messaged for IDSA in System Tray.

Result : quiet - no pop up messages.

-> Thanks for quick error correction

Now waiting for next available driver update in IDSA to monitor system tray message  behavior.

Keep you updated

TT_TLS

0 Kudos
TT_TLS
Novice

Hello Monique,

now confirmed full expected behavoir.

After restart one message with new driver announcement.

Perfect

TT_TLS 

0 Kudos