Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Re-Occurring Error Updating App 9NCGJX5QLP9M-AppUp.IntelMediaSDKDFP

KWynn
Beginner

Every so many days I get these errors.

0x80246013: 9NCGJX5QLP9M-AppUp.IntelMediaSDKDFP

and

0x80073CF9: 9NCGJX5QLP9M-AppUp.IntelMediaSDKDFP

Running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, V1809, fully patched. I have the Intel Driver and Support Assistant and it reports everything up to date.

Would like to resolve issue. Has Intel created a tool to clean this mess up? I see numerous errors on Internet and on this forum.

No graphics card installed, using integrated graphics. Asus X Code MB with 8700K processor. One monitor using Display port, one using HDMI.

Thank you for any assistance.

0 Kudos
31 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and attach the results of this utility.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then, an Intel support engineer can assist you.

Doc

0 Kudos
KWynn
Beginner

Thanks Doc. Tool seems more like a system interrogater rather than a clean up tool. That said I ran and posted results.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello KWynn, Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities. We have identified 3 possible solutions at this moment: 1. Use only drivers provided directly by your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) as they are customized and validated for your system configuration. Follow these steps to properly switch to the best OEM drivers for your computer: 1. Disconnect from the Internet. 2. Uninstall the generic DCH drivers via Start > Settings > Apps & Features. 3. Uninstall the (DCH) Intel® Graphics Control Panel via Start > Settings > Apps & Features. 4. Restart the computer. 5. Reconnect to the Internet. 6. Go to Device Manager > Right-click on "Intel® HD Graphics" or "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter". 7. Select "Update Driver". 8. Allow Windows Update to Search for the best drivers for your system. 9. Install the driver. 10. Restart the computer. 2. Force the generic DCH drivers. This option is not recommended as it overrides any customization done by your OEM. If you still wish to use generic DCH drivers then follow these steps: 1. Download the latest DCH driver from downloadcenter.intel.com and save it on your Desktop. 2. Disconnect from the Internet. 3. Uninstall any existing DCH Graphics driver via Start > Settings > Apps & Features. 4. Uninstall the (DCH) Intel® Graphics Control Panel via Start > Settings > Apps & Features. 5. Restart the computer. 6. In Device Manager > Right-click on "Intel® HD Graphics". Note: If "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" is already listed skip to step#10. 7. Select "Uninstall device". 8. Enable the option "Delete the driver software for this device" and click "Uninstall". 9. Restart the computer. (this should delete any non-DCH driver stored on Windows driver repository. Repeat steps #6 through #9 until "Intel® HD Graphics" changes to "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter") 10. Install the DCH driver downloaded in step #1. 11. Restart the computer. 12. Reconnect to the Internet. 13. The (DCH) Intel® Graphics Control Panel should be downloaded automatically after a few minutes upon restart. If it doesn't, go to Microsoft Store and download it. 14. Restart the computer. 3. Removing 9NCGJX5QLP9M.dat file from installation directory. The Intel Graphics Driver installation process is installing file 9NCGJX5QLP9M.dat in directory "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InstallAgent\Checkpoints" I hope this helps. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KWynn
Beginner

Thanks for the response. I've been using the Intel Driver and Support Assistant to update my drivers. My drivers updated successfully up until this last update which I ran April 10, 2019.

So I don't think I need Asus graphics drivers, something happened with the latest.

What is the down side of option 3, deleting the .dat file. Will it be rebuilt? and possibly without the error.

Could I also use Windows Device manager to roll back driver pre April 10, 2019?

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
VSchu1
Beginner

I also have the error with AppUp.IntelMediaSDKDFP.

I have presented the available information:

Intel delivers a software package with the new DCH drivers

Package.jpg

When the driver is installed, software components are inserted in the device manager.

Device Manager.jpg 

Updates for these software components are regularly sought in the Windows store.

The Intel Graphics Control Panel is available in the store; therefore, the app gets its necessary updates.

Graphics control panel.jpg

However, the IntelMediaSDKDFP runtime is no longer available in the Windows store. Therefore, in my opinion, no updates are found, but instead the error is displayed.

Intel Media SDK DFP.jpg 

Intel recommends uninstalling the DCH driver and installing the original driver. However, this has not yet led to troubleshooting, as the software components in the device manager remain installed and continue to look for updates.

The error is actually more or less cosmetic. I have therefore stopped searching for a solution. Maybe Intel will fix its sloppy software deployment at some point.

But it seems no one at Intel cares about the problem that's been around for months. I found no support pages where you can address the problem directly to Intel, just this community.

0 Kudos
KWynn
Beginner

Thank you for posting.

It appears DavidV on this thread is from Intel.

Seems you have done the analysis for them. All they have to do is prepare the fix. Put up the runtime libraries in the Store or stop the unnecessary update querry.

I will note under my Software Components in device manager I have one additional adapter - Graphics Command Center

What did you think of DavidV's option three - delete the .dat file?

0 Kudos
VSchu1
Beginner

I've read in other chats in this forum that the bug reappears after some time, whether you installed the OEM driver or not. I don't know which function these *.dat files have. I'm afraid that doesn't help.

0 Kudos
KWynn
Beginner

Thanks.

Unfortunately the world is full of bad code. Guess we wait for a "Fix"

0 Kudos
VSchu1
Beginner

We should wait and see what DavidV has to say.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello KWynn, Thank you for your response. To answer your questions: 1 - If you are using a DCH driver you will not be able to rollback using the device manager, you will actually need to uninstall it from the Apps & Features, I will provide you with the steps below: 2 - If you delete the file mentioned, the system will proceed to install it only if it is needed again, it is recommended to uninstall this before proceeding with the re-installation of the driver. Now, in this case I would like to try the following: 1 - Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 2 - Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Control Panel from Control Panel > Programs and Features. 3 - Restart the computer. 4 - Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 5 - If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. 6 - Reconnect to the Internet and scan for driver updates by right-clicking on the graphics adapter and selecting "update driver" to install the latest validated drivers from the manufacturer. 7 - Restart the computer. 8 - Check to see if the download and error keeps occurring. I hope this helps. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
VSchu1
Beginner

I checked the file 9NCGJX5QLP9M.dat. It was created April, 17th. I installed the driver several month ago. So I assume, that this dat-file will be regenerated at certain times during the update. Therefore, I don't think deleting this file will fix the problem. You will have to repeat the deletion regularly.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello VSchu1 , Thank you for your response. I understand your concern; however, you did not confirm if you tried following my steps or not. We are testing and troubleshooting your problem so we can reach a solution. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KWynn
Beginner

Thanks David. We have two users on this thread. I'm original poster. With Easter I have not tried. This morning I renamed the .dat file to .old (I usually don't delete just in case.)

I will monitor and report back. Not sure of logic as to the updates as app has tried to update with two days, four days and three days in between cycles. I will monitor and report back after five days. So Saturday the 27th unless it fails earlier.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello KWynn, Thank you for your response. My apologies for the mistake, I have edited the previous response. Thank you for testing these steps with me, these way we can see and/or find a suitable solution for your issue. Let me know. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KWynn
Beginner

No problem David. Thanks for sticking with us.

0 Kudos
KWynn
Beginner

As promised, update on April 27/19. So I renamed file xxxxxxx.dat to xxxxxxxx.old on April 22/19. I have not had a failure since. That said it has not attempted to update so while I have not had a failure I have not had one go successfully.

So if it should have updated, it hasn't. At least the errors have stopped.

I will continue to monitor and provide updates.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello KWynn, Thank you for your response. I appreciate you taking the time to keep me updated. I am glad to know that the issue hasn't happened again after that. Nevertheless, I would like you to report this back to us if it appears or if there is no update done for a while. For now, I will close this request but if you do happen to experience the issue again or no updates are done for a while then please get back to us. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KWynn
Beginner

Thanks David. Eight days and counting. No errors, no updates. I will let you know.

The driver and support assistant says there is a Video update available. Would you like me to install?

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello KWynn, Thank you for your response. Yes, please proceed with the installation to see if the issue persists and if the driver is updated. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KWynn
Beginner

Done. Was at 25.20.100.6618 =>> upgrade to 26.20.100.6709

Says it installed correctly. Will monitor.

2019-04-30_15h38_59.png

0 Kudos