Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

Re-Occurring Error Updating App 9NCGJX5QLP9M-AppUp.IntelMediaSDKDFP

KWynn
Beginner

Every so many days I get these errors.

0x80246013: 9NCGJX5QLP9M-AppUp.IntelMediaSDKDFP

and

0x80073CF9: 9NCGJX5QLP9M-AppUp.IntelMediaSDKDFP

Running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, V1809, fully patched. I have the Intel Driver and Support Assistant and it reports everything up to date.

Would like to resolve issue. Has Intel created a tool to clean this mess up? I see numerous errors on Internet and on this forum.

No graphics card installed, using integrated graphics. Asus X Code MB with 8700K processor. One monitor using Display port, one using HDMI.

Thank you for any assistance.

0 Kudos
31 Replies
KWynn
Beginner

Well success was short lived. Updated driver yesterday. Got a failure today. Different failure but a failure.

2019-05-01_09h53_08.png

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello KWynn, Thank you for your response. Can you please go to settings and then Windows update to check and see if there is any update pending there? This is an important step, so this way we can test if in fact Windows updater is trying to install something. Also, when did the error happened? When you booted the computer? Or perhaps it happened when you were opening or running an specific application? Let me know please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KWynn
Beginner

Nothing pending and it checked for updates an hour after the item failed.

2019-05-01_16h29_45.png

I also View Update History and no updates failed in its log. Checked drivers as well (at bottom of list). Windows has not recorded any driver updates.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello KWynn, Thank you for your response. I appreciate you taking the time to test this, now, as asked in the previous post, when did the error pop up specifically? When you booted the computer? Or perhaps it happened when you were opening or running an specific application? Let me know please. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KWynn
Beginner

Sorry David I missed that. So I checked today. Sure enough got the same failure today, two in a row. Definitely not at boot, I sleep my computer and I had been on the machine for two hours. As I don't know when it fails I can't relate to specific task. Sooooo.. I decided to open event viewer and see. Picture attached from System Log.

2019-05-02_15h24_20.png

Windows Update Client is driving. So it starts to download the update six times. This is the only update listed in Reliability History so it starts six times. Event ID 44's.

Then code 43, the installation starts. Then 20, Installation fails.

I assume this is something in the Store ?? If you look at Update History in Start > Settings > Update & Security > View Update History this failure is not listed. View Update History must be OS updates, other products and drivers but not Store Updates.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello KWynn, Thank you for your response. I would like to recommend only updating the drivers provided via Windows Update, this is because updating non-DCH (a.k.a Legacy) to generic DCH drivers from downloadcenter.intel.com/ Intel ® Driver & Support Assistant may generate a conflict on branded systems. The OS tries to download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the MS Store and yet this is recorded as a failure in Event log (even if the Graphics Control Panel is already installed). This is the reason why you keep getting the error in the event viewer. So, what I can recommend to avoid getting the issues is to download the driver only automatically via Windows Update or go to device manager and select "update driver". This way you will get the latest manufacturer drivers. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KWynn
Beginner

Thanks David. So the support assistant tool is of no use on all Asus and likely all the other systems. Then why suggest people use tool. Sort of disappointing.

If I deleted all present drivers for graphics could I then use Intel's tool. Thinking DDU. (Display Driver Uninstall) to clean and then apply.

Can you suggest file that I would rename to get rid of this error as it is different from the app we started with. This is the Intel Graphics experience.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello KWynn, Thank you for your response. I was checking and indeed I see that it is related to the Intel ® Graphics Experience. Let's do the following, I am going to forward this information to the appropriate department; however, before doing that, I will need the latest DxDIag: 1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R. 2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter. 3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop). 4. Attach the report to this thread. Then, we will proceed to check what can be the problem regarding that error in the event viewer. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KWynn
Beginner

Thanks David

Done.

0 Kudos
David_V_Intel
Employee
Hello KWynn, Thank you for patiently waiting. We have been unable to replicated the issue on-site. This could be happening only under very specific scenarios. We can confirm that this error in the event log does not impact system performance or stability. However, if you want to pursue it further we suggest to try with a clean OS installation and installing DCH drivers first and see if the issue persist or not. Regards, David V Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KWynn
Beginner

Thanks David. I will not clean install to "fix" this as this is not a fix. I know what you are saying. Maybe there will be resolution when V1903 is delivered.

Thank you.

0 Kudos