Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Recurrent Display issue Device PCI requires further installation

NewHouse
Beginner

Hello, 

I have a Lenovo PC Desktop running a free update of W10 graciously offered when it was released, way back when. The monitor is a DELL S2209SW. 

Unfortunately, my OS is not adequate for the installation of the Intel Diagnostic tool.  I attached print screens instead. 

The issue I have been experiencing for a long time (more than a year, too long to confess):  

- when I boot up cold, the resolution almost never comes up at 1920 x 1080, but instead at 1024 x 768. 

- The resolution cannot be changed under settings.  However, when I restart the computer the 1920 x 1080 resolution comes back... until the PC crashes: 

- Desktop crashes if left unattended for a few minutes (usually longer than 30 minutes).

- under Problem devices in System information I see

Intel HD Graphics PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0102&SUBSYS_361617AA&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 Error Code 43

In Intel Graphic Properties I see:

General: W has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code 43

Driver details: system32\difx64.exe

Events:  Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0102&SUBSYS_361617AA&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 requires further installation.

Resources settings: This device isn't using any resources because it has a problem.  

I am attaching screenshots of the device info as well as System info.  (Same files in PNG and JPG formats - I hope they come though OK) 

I have uninstalled the Graphic driver, with and without Internet connection, then looked for updates to no avail. 

Please let me know if something comes up to someone's mind on what could be happening here, and if there's a fix you would recommend

Many, Many Thanks.

DM 1 image.pngSYS 1 image.pngSYS 2 image.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Your processor is a 2nd gen processor from 2011 and is no longer supported, nor is the graphics.  There is no intel driver for Windows 10.  All you have is the Microsoft generic graphics driver which lacks features and performance.

Probably time to take this machine to the recycle bin.  But, since it is a desktop, you might want to try installing an older nvidia card, like a gtx 1060. 

What do you mean "my OS is not adequate for the installation of the Intel Diagnostic tool."? 

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Your processor is a 2nd gen processor from 2011 and is no longer supported, nor is the graphics.  There is no intel driver for Windows 10.  All you have is the Microsoft generic graphics driver which lacks features and performance.

Probably time to take this machine to the recycle bin.  But, since it is a desktop, you might want to try installing an older nvidia card, like a gtx 1060. 

What do you mean "my OS is not adequate for the installation of the Intel Diagnostic tool."? 

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- ) for Windows. Select all data categories and then have it generate a report. Next, have the tool Save the report to a text file (don't try to use the Submit capability; it doesn't work). Finally, using the Drag and drop here or browse files to attach dialog below the edit box for the body of your response post, upload and attach this file to the response post.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Waiting for Windows 12]

0 Kudos
NewHouse
Beginner

Thanks so much AlHill,

I installed a NVIDIA GR Force GT 730 and:

- Resolution is now stable at 1920 x 1080

- no more crashes.

Great advice!

0 Kudos
NewHouse
Beginner

Thanks so much for your fast response and expertise. 

I ran the Intel Support Utility and I have attached the Intel TXT report. 

I will start looking at Nvidia Cards and see if anyone else has a comment. Thanks so much,  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello NewHouse,

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and are helping you. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

You can verify this product's discontinuance status at the Intel®️ Product Specifications website > Product Status > "Discontinued".

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Josue O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos