Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Report: Problemas com a(s) api(s) em Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege na Intel HD Graphics 620

WTorr3
Novice

Estou reportando alguns problemas encontrados por mim ao jogar Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege no meu notebook com graficos integrados intel.(Não sei se este é o meio correto de reportar estes problemas mas gostaria muito de informa-los sobre estas informações).

Meu aparelho é um notebook lenovo ideapad 320 com I5 7200u com 8gb de ram ddr4 dual channel (2133 mHz) com a inel hd graphics 620. Atualmente uso a versão 27.20.100.8236 (versão beta do Windows® 10 DCH)

A partir dos drivers 27.xx.xxx.xxxx ja é possivel roda-lo em Vulkan (coisa que era impossivel antes) porem, ainda ha presença de crashes constantes nesta api mesmo não utilizando totalmente a quatidade de ram disponivel (ja foi relatado 95% no maximo mas não receio que seja este o problema pois os crashes também ocorriam em porcentagem menores como 80% ou 75%). Também ha ausencia de objetos (como fogo, fumaça, estilhaços, poeira, sague quando acerta inimigos, etc) quase que constantes. Também é reportado problemas ao ultilizar tela cheia em resoluções diferentes da que esta na area de trabalho, sendo este uma possivel causa de crashes. Com o Vulkan, o jogo fica bem mais fluido e com menos framedrops em comparação ao DirectX11 em meu dispositivo.

Ja no Direct X 11 tambem há recorrencia de crashes, porem são bem raros. Também é reportado presença de textura ou reflexos onde surgem planos pretos ou brancos em certos mapas com esta api sendo que em versões mais antigas (anteriores a 26.20.100.7000), não havia estes problemas. Há presença de framedrops explicitos quando se deparam com partes mais pesadas no jogo entretanto, acredito que seja normal pois a api depende mais do processador.

43 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello WTorr3

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate screenshots attached to the thread. To better assist you, we use a translation tool embedded on this Intel Community. 

In order to check this behavior better, could you please provide the following information?

1- If possible, please provide a short video or pictures showing the behavior.

2- Are you running the game locally or are you using an online platform to run the game (e.g. Steam*).

3- Does this happen on the built-in display, external display, or both? Also, what video resolutions are you using?

4- We understand that you are experiencing this behavior with Vulkan* and DirectX* 11. Could you please provide more details if you are able somehow to select what API you choose to run the game?

5- Windows® 10 and Intel HD Graphics 620 controller support DirectX* 12. Could you please elaborate more on why and how are you running with DirectX® 11? Did you install additional drivers or files (.dll)? Please provide details.

6- Please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the below link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics-drivers.html

7- DxDiag* report following these steps:

• In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  • In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
  • Click on Save All Information.
  • Open the report.
  • Use the option "save all information" to save the .TXT file.
  • Attach the report .TXT file to this thread. 

Note:

To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box. You can only attached one file at a time, so you may zip all files into a single .zip file.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello WTorr3

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
WTorr3
Novice

I have just 2 videos in vulkan and some images in dx

i'm running  locally this game

I'm using the laptop display in resolution 824x620 but these problems happen in both types of screens and in any resolution

The apis are selected before entering the game. The games consist of 2 types of executable files to run it, one in vulkan and the other in direct x. I usualy use the direct X because the game doesn't crash so much in this api.

This game doesn't have support to DirectX 12 yet, only support DirectX 11 and Vulkan. Thats why i use the DirectX 11

I'm sendind the arq, the images are in DirectX 11 and the videos are in Vulkan (In Vulkan i didn't see this kind of grapichs that are in the images)

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello WTorr3

Thank you for your response.

Please allow us to look into these details and we will be updating this thread soon or requesting additional information if needed to check this further.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello WTorr3

We are still investigating this behavior and we would like to gather additional information.

In order to check this further, could you please provide full details and screenshots or pictures of the game configuration settings that you are using?

Sincerely,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
WTorr3
Novice

I'm sending the grapichs file and the screenshots

Snouzer
New Contributor I

estou com o mesmo problema que você, se caso conseguiu resolver me avisa.

0 Kudos
Snouzer
New Contributor I

descobri que o driver 27.20 que estava com problemas em abrir o meu jogo, voltei para o driver 26.20 e ele retornou a funcionar normalmente, foi lançando agora dia 10 de dezembro de 2020 um novo driver mais não sei se ele vai funcionar o jogo, então vou continuar com o driver antigo 26.20, até o dia em que resolvam o problema.

translation to English.

that driver 27.20 that was having trouble opening my game, I went back to driver 26.20 and it returned to working normally, it was now launching on December 10, 2020 a new driver but I don't know if it will work the game, so I will continue with the old driver 26.20, until the day you solve the problem.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello WTorr3

Thank you very much for the screenshots about game settings.

We will check this further and we will be updating this thread as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

I would like to confirm that this issue is being investigated by our driver dev team under bug ID 18010355870.

Once we have an update or significant news we'll post it here.

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to us.

Best Regards,

Ronald M,

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi everyone,

While I do not have a significant update to provide at this time, I would like to reiterate the fact Intel is taking this issue seriously as we know this is an extremely popular game.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello everyone,

Can you please retest the issue with driver 27.20.100.8853 (or newer) and report your findings?

We deployed several fixes for Rainbox Six Siege, and one in particular that addresses appearing and disappearing doors and window barricades after destruction.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
patstar
Novice

Retested with driver 27.20.100.9466 on Vulkan. While artifacts are minor, the game has very frequent crashes, almost always within 30 mins of game launch (sometimes within 5 mins). Crashes sometimes happen in PvE modes, but always happen in PvP modes. A fix is necessary at the earliest, as DX11 has much more stuttering and less smoothness...

0 Kudos
Snouzer
New Contributor I
really, I just tested driver 27.20.100.9466 here on both rainbow six and valorant and they were completely unstable,
I recommend testing the driver 26.20.100.7463 is the only one that still opens rainbow six.
patstar
Novice

Thank you very much! I took your advice and have been testing 26.20.100.7463 for a week now, and this is so much more stable. There are still crashes, but they are rare. Also, you mention Valorant, and I must add that Valorant is now playable too. I'd played lots of Valorant back when it had just been released globally, but I stopped playing for the past 6 months due to having more stutters per second than fps. I didn't realise that this was due to the newer drivers (I always updated to the latest drivers whenever they released). Now stutters are so reduced, it is playable at 30-40 fps.

Intel, please take note. Driver 26.20.100.7463 is so old that it is not even hosted on the official driver page (I had to procure it from a third-party website). All subsequent drivers have completely ruined the experience on Valorant, and Siege on Vulkan. Also for Siege on DirectX 11, the issue mentioned in

https://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/%D0%A7%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%8B-%D0%B2-Rainbow-Six-Siege/m-p/1188620/highlight/true

still persists. Please look into the matter.

Once thanks, immense thanks to Mr Snouzer! I can finally play Siege and Valorant again! ^_^

LuigiR6
Beginner

Hey so I was having the same problem of crashing mid game and it use to frustrate me a lot. However, after weeks of experimenting I have finally found a solution to play r6s on vulkan with 27.20.100.9466 driver.  For this, you will have to first open intel graphics command center go to games library and make sure you have siege there. if not, you can have it auto detected. Then click on Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege and create a custom graphics custom plan. Then make sure all options are 'Always Off' and save it. Then make that custom graphics plan as your default plan. Now launch R6S and go to graphics in settings. Over there, turn on T-AA and make sure your Adaptive Render Scaling FPS is 60. (You can make it lesser or even a bit higher. Make sure it is not 0 or 400 otherwise, it might cause crashes once in a while. Now apply these changes and boom, you can play ranked without crashing.

p.s I have had 8 abandons this seasons cuz of it crashing at match points, so I know the pain.

Hope this helps 🙂

Snouzer
New Contributor I

I'm going to do the test here, I've already abandoned 5 ranks because of this mid-game crash problem

0 Kudos
MarvinX
New Contributor I

Hi Mr. Snouser, I have just discovered this thread after searching the internet for months. I have been having the exact same issue as everyone here and Ubisoft support simply refused to help. I am yet to try the solutions noted above however I'm curious how did the test go regarding LuigiR6's method? My situation is that I'm running with 8gb ram and iris plus 655, while Vulcan can run at 60 fps at medium settings, it constantly crashes even when I turn down settings. Yesterday I started trying dx11, performance took a big hit, however no crashes yet except some occasional texture glitches like the one mentioned further up the thread. Though I really wish to be able to play the Vulcan version for its performance but have no crashes. I will try the 26.20.100.7463 driver today but I'm also curious of how it has been going for you, if you're still interested in this issue? 

Thanks everyone!

0 Kudos
patstar
Novice
LuigiR6's solution actually worked for me, but after a few days, the Command Center (IGCC) refused to auto-detect any games on my laptop. Manually adding the exe file to IGCC doesn't apply the settings of the IGCC to the game when the game is running, leading to crashes. (While trying to fix Siege crashes, came across another IGCC bug)

I have since reverted to the old driver mentioned by Snouzer, which has resulted in minimal crashes. Note that the older driver gives slightly less performance (old: 35 fps MAX, new: 40 fps AVG) compared to the new one (before crash). So if you can get LuigiR6's method to run, I strongly believe it will be better.
0 Kudos
MarvinX
New Contributor I

Thank you! Two questions: since I'm running the game with vulkan, and in IGCC it just says rainbow six siege and there seems to be no way to know which exe it refers to, is this method targeted to dx11 or could work for both?

Also, the three settings that we turned off in IGCC include Vsync, anti aliasing and anistrophic filtering, do we have to turn those off in game as well or did you leave them, or some of them on in game?

0 Kudos