Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

Required Display Resolution (1920 x 1080)

ImranAnsari
Beginner

I have purchased a new laptop 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz and I need to install AutoCAD 2022 and its required display resolution is 1920 x 1080 but in Laptop I have maximum Display Resolution (1366 x 768).

I have update Windows and Display Driver but did not get option to increase the Display Resolution. How to increase the display resolution till 920 x 1080??

Please Help!! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AlHill
Super User

Yess, just like I suspected. Your display resolution is 1366 x 768.  Look at the following link, way down under Display Specifications:

https://www.hp.com/ca-en/shop/product.aspx?id=12C17UA&opt=ABL&sel=NTB

You know, you could have checked this yourself on the HP web site.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
AlHill
Super User

It is very likely that your laptop only has a max screen resolution of 1366x768.   Checck with the laptop manufacturer for screen specifications.

0 Kudos
ImranAnsari
Beginner

Thanks for your reply:

Under specification section they have mentioned max resolution 4096x2304@60Hz please check below link for reference

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/208658/intel-core-i51135g7-processor-8m-cache-up-to-4-20-ghz.html

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What is  the complete model number of your laptop?

0 Kudos
ImranAnsari
Beginner

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

That is not the model number of your laptop.

If you want help, provide the laptop model number.

0 Kudos
ImranAnsari
Beginner

Device Model: HP Laptop 15-dy2xxx i5

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Because HP has multiple models that are covered by that "model number", I cannot find on the hp site the specifications for your laptop.

It would be best for you to go to HP support and ask them to help you, especially since this is new equipment covered by their warranty.

0 Kudos
ImranAnsari
Beginner

Device Model: HP Laptop 15-dy2018 CA i5

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Yess, just like I suspected. Your display resolution is 1366 x 768.  Look at the following link, way down under Display Specifications:

https://www.hp.com/ca-en/shop/product.aspx?id=12C17UA&opt=ABL&sel=NTB

You know, you could have checked this yourself on the HP web site.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Imran,

I am going to move this thread to the Graphics Forum so they see the information.

Pamela

0 Kudos
ouroua
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@ouroua   And what link would that be?

0 Kudos
ouroua
Beginner
I have the same problem i tried everything with no results can you help ?
0 Kudos
StevenG
Novice

Just want to get in contact with you directly as you turned my replies OFF on my post "AlHill (Super User)" as I don't appreciate you editing my post and deleting my proven and genuine workable solution at "Windows 11 Update keeps installing older Intel Xe Graphics display driver in a loop" when you said “Enough of this posting the use of a 3rd party tool. Use the Microsoft wushowhide tool as I have posted” listen here AlHill (Super User), the Microsoft wushowhide” solution does not work and that is why I linked that 3rd party as a solution. I’ve just joined the Intel Community and if some super users like you is allowed to delete and/or edit genuine comments and solutions then its WRONG and will not solve any problematic issues that Intel has with its drivers, especially if Intel or Microsoft has done nothing about this problem! As it seems that your solution doesn't work (as I've tried it) and it seems that you haven't experienced that problem and you have just copied and pasted that link as a none workable solution! Thank you

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

First, I cannot delete anything.

Second, the wushowhide utility works fine for those who know how to use it.  I use it all the time, on w10 and W11, and have had other users have success with it as well.  If you need help with it, just ask me and I will teach you how.  Or, you can contact Microsoft support.

Third, you were "spamming" the forum, on multiple threads.  Spamming is not allowed.

Behave, obey the forum rules, and all will be fine.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

And I will add that wushowhide works fine - if you do it right. You obviously didn't...

I would also add that folks shouldn't have to do this. Intel seems to be royally screwing up their submissions to MS.

...S

0 Kudos