Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Resident Evil 7 Crash on Intel HD 5500

Kristoffer
Beginner
I’m unable to progress to the next section in the Processing Room, where the blue sliding doors are, because my computer keeps crashing. Is there any way past this, either a fix or workaround?
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Kristoffer,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

To better assist you please provide the following information:

• Please provide the model of your computer.
  • Please provide the graphics driver currently installed.
  • Does this behavior occur only with that specific game?

In order to troubleshoot this behavior properly, please run the following

tool and attach the reports generated to gather the necessary information:

Intel® SSU Download link  

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-  

1. Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information.
  2.  By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".  
  3. Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  
  4. To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".  

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Kristoffer
Beginner
The model is a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 (I think).

Graphics Driver is an Intel HD 5500.

Yes, it only occurs with this game.
0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Kristoffer,

Thank you for your response.

In order to find a possible solution to this behavior, I would need the report previously requested.

Please download and run the tool and attach the report generated.

Intel® SSU Download link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-  

Also, I would appreciate if you could provide the following information:

• Did you perform an update of the Graphics driver prior to this?
  • Have you tried updating the graphics driver from the laptop manufacturer website?

Please check the following link where you can check where to obtain Intel HD Graphics Drivers for an OEM product:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000038757/graphics.html

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
Kristoffer
Beginner
How do I attach a report once I’ve opened the tool? Can you give me a step-by-step walkthrough?
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The tool has the ability to save the report to a file. Do so. Then, after clicking on the Reply button, drag this file to the spot below the edit window where is says "Drand and drop here or browse files to attach".

...S

0 Kudos
Kristoffer
Beginner

Here is the summary I got off the download link you sent me. I am currently updating my graphic driver.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Kristoffer,

Thank you for your response and the information provided.

When talking about laptops, it’s worth mentioning that Intel provides generic versions 

of software and drivers. 

Your computer manufacturer may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes.  I would recommend the installation of the drivers provided by the manufacturer first. To avoid any potential impact caused by loading non-customized drivers. 

You can find the drivers/software for your laptop in the following link.

If the behavior persists, after that, you may want to try our latest generic driver

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. .

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
Kristoffer
Beginner
Are you certain I will be allowed to play Resident Evil 7 with no problems, or will this be a waste of my time?
0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Kristoffer,

It is important to update the graphics driver as it provides bug fixes, adding new features and compatibility with newer software.

As previously stated, I would recommend checking the drivers provided by the manufacturer of your laptop to avoid any potential impact caused by loading non-customized drivers. 

I would like to share with you the games that are fully supported for your processor and your graphics adapter:

https://gameplay.intel.com/CPUSelectedGameSearch/Index/84695/0

There you can see if the game is supported and the recommended settings to play it with no issues.

If the game is not supported, this could be due to a hardware limitation. Please give it a try and I hope this information is useful for you.

That being said, If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos