Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20601 Discussions

Resolution issue with 1 of 3 displays—using Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 graphics driver

AlphaNet
Beginner

Hello,

My work laptop uses the Intel® Core™ i7-8665U Processor with the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 adapter and when I have three displays (excluding the laptop). I can extend my desktop to all three, however, when I have all three displays connected, one of them has limited resolutions. Namely, my 24" HP EliteDisplay E242 24-inch Monitor—which ONLY has perfect 1920x1200 resolution only when two displays are connected but not all three at once. When I connect all three, the 24" display allows only 1024x768 or 800x600 resolution. I am routing all three displays through a KVM switch (one channel for my personal PC and the other channel for my work laptop [a Lenovo T490s]...and I am only having this problem on my work laptop...personal PC shows all three resolutions just fine).

Here is what I am running:

1. (Left) Dell P2214H display @ 1920x1080 (HDMI/KVM >> DVI-24 pin)
  2. (Middle) HP EliteDisplay E242 want 1920x1200 (HDMI/KVM >> HDMI 2.1)...this is the display giving me problems. Currently it's at 1024x768
  3. (Right) Dell E228WFP display @ 1680x1050 (HDMI/KVM >> DVI-18 pin)

The KVM I'm using is this one on Amazon. Again, on my non-work personal PC, everything works and looks great, that is channel 1 on my KVM. But on channel 2, my work laptop that I'm describing above is giving the resolution problem. So I know it's not the KVM switch or cables (I replaced and upgraded the cables to be sure). After a process of elimination, it's very possibly something to do with the Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 graphics driver. But not 100% sure.

Lastly, I spoke to support at my work. They said they do not manage machines to that extent (limiting display resolutions, etc). They were at a loss and referred me to this community for help.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello AlphaNet

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

We need to do some testing and investigation on our side. We will post the details on this thread when we have some updates.

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
AlphaNet
Beginner

Hi David,

I appreciate your response. Looking forward to what you find. 🙂

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello AlphaNet

Thank you for your patience. As per processor specifications, this product can only support 3 monitors with the stablished specifications, using 4 monitors with that configuration, is more than indicated by the technical specifications.

This seems to be related to a bandwidth issue, or the laptop design, we recommend that you check with the OEM for more information.

Regards, 

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello AlphaNet

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. 

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos