Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Right Side Of Screen Missing in Older Games?

NConn
New Contributor I

Hi, I'm having an issue with games from 2000 era in Windows 10. I have an Intel Atom z3735f processor, I have updated the drivers, tried all the different compatibility options for the games, tried out different options in the intel graphics panel. Hoping someone here can offer me a solution.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NConn
New Contributor I

Hi, we did not find a solution in the end. I did however find a compromise by setting the game to the exact screen size and then using a program called 'borderless gaming' to hide the title and task bar, this fix depends on the game- you might have to find a way to put it into a custom resolution, if it's a popular game I'm sure you'll be able to find a method for that through Google. ​

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
46 Replies
CMacP1
Beginner
Thank you. I will give this a try.  I appr the quick response.  -------- Original message --------From: Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com> Date: 3/8/19 15:27 (GMT-08:00) To: curtis.macpheat@gmail.com Subject: NConn answered: Right Side Of Screen Missing in Older Games? @media only screen and (max-device-width: 480px) { html { -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; } table.container { width: 100% !important; } .hidden-for-mobile { display: none !important; } .callToAction, .callToAction td, .footer { font-size: 12px !important; } .button .text { font-size: 12px !important; } .defaultIndentation { width: 10 !important; } .text { font-size: 12px !important; } a.button { width: 96 !important; } a.buttonWide { width: 118 !important; } a.buttonAuto { padding-left:1em !important; padding-right:1em !important;} a.button, a.buttonWide, a.buttonAuto { height: 23 !important; line-height: 23px !important; border-radius: 4px !important; -webkit-border-radius: 4px !important; -moz-border-radius: 4px !important; } td.buttonWrapper { width: 98 !important; height: 23 !important; } img { display: inline !important; } .circle { border-radius: 50%; clip-path: circle(50px at center); } .square { border-radius: 10%; clip-path: circle(10px at center); } } @media only screen and (min-device-width: 600px) { table.container { width: 600px !important; } } @media screen { @font-face { font-family: 'Salesforce Sans'; font-style: normal; src: local('Salesforce Sans'), local('SalesforceSans'), url(https://forums.intel.com/fonts/SalesforceSans/SalesforceSans-Regular.woff) format('woff'); } } a, a:visited { color: #015BA7; text-decoration:none; } img { display: block; } .preheader { display: none !important; } table { border-collapse: collapse; mso-table-lspace: 0px; mso-table-rspace: 0px; } Hi, we did not find a solution in the end. I did however find a compromise by setting the game to the exact screen size and then using a program called 'borderless gaming' to hide the title and task bar, this fix depends on the game- you might have to find a way to put it into a custom resolution, if it's a popular game I'm sure you'll be able to find a method for that through Google. ​ Hope this helps             NConn (Customer) Hi, we did not find a solution in the end. I did however find a compromise by setting the game to the exact screen size and then using a program called 'borderless gaming' to hide the title and task bar, this fix depends on the game- you might have to find a way to put it into a custom resolution, if it's a popular game I'm sure you'll be able to find a method for that through Google. ​Hope this helps   View/Answer   or reply to this email             Replying to   Right Side Of Screen Missing in Older Games?       CMacP1 (Customer) Friday, March 8, 2019 2:58 PM Good afternoon, I am experiencing the same issue on my tablet (NuVision 8 inch Tablet PC Full HD 1920×1200 IPS Touchscreen, Intel Atom Z3735F).  It seems to me that this may be an issue of the games being cut-off in landscape mode at the width of portrait mode. It is unclear why a solution would need to be private.  Nevertheless, I too would appreciate the solution by private message if required, please and thank you.   Thank you very much.               NConn (Customer) Hi, we did not find a solution in the end. I did however find a compromise by setting the game to the exact screen size and then using a program called 'borderless gaming' to hide the title and task bar, this fix depends on the game- you might have to find a way to put it into a custom resolution, if it's a popular game I'm sure you'll be able to find a method for that through Google. ​Hope this helps Friday, March 8, 2019 3:27 PM               You're receiving emails when someone "Comments after me."   To change or turn off Forums email, log in as 300002126721@intel.com.isvc.   Are notifications about this post getting annoying? Reply to this email with the word " mute ".   For Privacy and Legal notices, please visit these links: http://www.intel.com/privacy, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/legal/terms-of-use.html.        
0 Kudos
frog0153
Beginner

I have the same problem. I have an ASUS T100HA with an Intel Atom x5-z8500 and an ASUS T102HA with an Intel Atom x5-z8350. I have tried various old games from Steam and GOG on both machines and the right quarter of the screen is missing. All the games I have tried work on other Windows 10 machines that have AMD or Nvidia GPUs and the same version of Windows 10.

This is really quite disappointing because I bought my ASUS Transformers specifically to play old games from Steam and GOG while traveling. If I had just wanted a machine for web browsing, watching videos and office tasks I would have bought a Chromebook, which would be faster and more reliable for those tasks. Windows 10 is a platform for desktop games and not much more. Microsoft's app store is a joke.

Sorry for ranting, I'm just supremely annoyed about this.

Intel, ASUS, Microsoft or someone really needs to fix this. If there is a registry setting or something I can change please let me know. Intel's website doesn't offer a graphics driver for my machines and the drivers on ASUS' website are very old. I've tried every possible combination of compatibility modes I could think of.

0 Kudos
NConn
New Contributor I

Like I have said above the only way to do it is by running the game in windowed mode but setting the window size to be the same as your screen resolution, then hide the task bar etc with borderless gaming. I tried everything too and that is the only 'solution' I could find. For some reason the new drivers or whatever aren't compatible with these games when they are full screen but work fine windowed.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You need to direct your frustration directly at ASUS, as they are solely responsible for support of your notebook.

Doc

0 Kudos
frog0153
Beginner

I did start a thread on the ASUS forums some time ago:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95547-Video-Corruption-on-Transformer-Book-T100HA-while-playing-older-games

No fix has been released by ASUS since then. I assuming that this isn't Microsoft's fault because the same games work on the same versions of Windows 10 with GPUs from AMD and Nvidia.

The only place left to turn is Intel. Somebody somewhere doesn't care at all about customer experiences. I hope to reach them and Intel's forums were the next logical place to turn.

0 Kudos