Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Rise of Tomb Raider crash (UHD 750, i7 - 11700)

Voloom
New Contributor I

Dear Support,

Rise of Tomb Raider crashes on starting new game with 0x887A0006 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG.

i7 - 11700 (UHD 750)

GIGABYTE B560M AORUS PRO

Windows 10 Pro (x64) 21H1

Graphics driver 30.0.100.9805

The screenshot of error and reports are attached.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Voloom, I just received another update on this matter.

Since this problem is already reported under (Bug ID# 14013850880) as a known issue, at this point, all we can do is wait for newer drivers to be released in our Intel® Download Center for you to install. There is no ETA or timeframe as to when the drivers with the fix will become available, so we just wanted to check if it is ok with you for us to close this ticket since there is nothing else that can be done except for waiting for new driver updates?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

Voloom, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this topic, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

Was "Rise of Tomb Raider" working fine before on this same computer?

Does the problem happen just with one game or with all the games?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Voloom
New Contributor I

Dear Albert,

- The computer was purchased in April, 2021.

- Rise of Tomb Raider downloaded from Steam and was not working on this computer.

I tried to run with different versions of graphics driver, but I got the same error.

But it workes fine on another computer with i5 - 750 and GeForce 750Ti

- Another games work fine on this computer.

- I have not made any software/hardware changes. Only Windows updates and different versions of graphics driver.

- This is my home computer.

Regards,

Maxim

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Voloom, Thank you very much for providing that information.

When it comes to games, the very first thing that we recommend is to check the system requirements of each game to make sure your system complies with them. Most of the games require a video card for the proper functionality and performance when playing on a computer.

According to the information in the SSU, the graphics driver version currently installed in your system is 30.0.100.9805, which is an Intel® driver.

Just to let you know, the Intel® drivers are generic, meaning they might or might not work with your system. We always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked in Gigabyte's website and the latest graphics driver version they have available is 27.20.100.9316. Please try a clean installation of that driver following the instructions in the link below:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B560M-AORUS-PRO-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-vga

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

If the problem persists after that, then we can try a clean installation of Intel® generic graphics driver version 30.0.100.9864:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-10-windows-11-dch-drivers.html

We also suggest to get in contact directly with Gigabyte to make sure the latest BIOS is currently installed on your machine or to gather the instructions on how to do that:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Support

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Voloom
New Contributor I

Hello Albert,

Thank you for reply.

I have tried drivers from Gigabyte website 27.20.100.9316 and  also the latest driver 30.0.100.9864.

BIOS is also latest from Gigabyte website - version F5.

I tried the lowest graphics quality and tried to enable/disable DirectX 12 in the settings of game.

But I got the same error.

Regards,

Maxim

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Voloom, You are very welcome, thank you very much for sharing those results.

We are sorry to hear that the issue remains after trying the troubleshooting steps recommended previously. We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Voloom, I just received an update on this matter.

Just to confirm, did you try to reinstall the game to discard corrupted files or registry?

Is it possible for you to provide a specific translation of the error message?

After reviewing this case, it is important to mention that this may not be related to the Intel® drivers or graphics controller; however, if you already try to reinstall the game, in that case, we can try to replicate this scenario in our Intel® lab. For us to be able to do that, please provide a detailed description of the steps that you followed for the issue to show so we can do the same and try to reproduce the problem.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Voloom
New Contributor I

Hello Albert,

I have tried reinstall game, but got the same error.

Game app starts and error appears on starting new game.

Sorry, but can't provide translation of error message, because it shows with wrong codepage and I can't change it.

I found error log and dump and it is attached to post.

Regards,

Maxim

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Voloom, Thank you very much for providing those details and the files.

We will continue with our research on this case, as soon as I get more updates I will post all the information on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Voloom, I just received an update on this matter.

We just wanted to inform you that actually this is a known issue and it is being investigated by our driver debug team already (Bug ID# 14013850880)

For a temporary workaround, do you try the option to run the game on DX11 mode?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Voloom
New Contributor I

Hello Albert,

Thank you for reply.

I got the same error in DX11 mode.

The error log attached in previous post was made in DX11 mode.

Regards,

Maxim

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Voloom, You are very welcome, thank you for letting us know those updates.

We are sorry to hear you "got the same error in DX11 mode", we will continue with our research on this matter, as soon as I get more details I will post them on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello Voloom, I just received another update on this matter.

Since this problem is already reported under (Bug ID# 14013850880) as a known issue, at this point, all we can do is wait for newer drivers to be released in our Intel® Download Center for you to install. There is no ETA or timeframe as to when the drivers with the fix will become available, so we just wanted to check if it is ok with you for us to close this ticket since there is nothing else that can be done except for waiting for new driver updates?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos