Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

S975XBX2 compatible video cards

wpsmithii
Beginner

I recently bought an asus gtx680 non uefi video card to install in my old but primary computer. I can get in the bios and the card is working properly. It will not boot into windows 10. The computer has an S975XBX2 mobo with the 2838 bios and a Q6600 cpu, hyper x and nvidia ddr2 memory 8gb 2x4, pc6400, an oczgsx700 ps that is contemporary with the rest of the parts. If you need any other info I will try to help. A 9600 gt has been working for years. the system has been working perfectly up to this point. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello wpsmithii,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.    

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, but perhaps fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.  

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician.   

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I can only suggest that you go back to that 9600GT or try something in between the two. Based upon your description, it sounds like the card is unable to make the transition from (MDA) text mode to graphics mode. This may be because of BIOS incompatibility, PCIe incompatibility (there are quite a few cards that claim backwards compatibility but aren't) or a host of other possibilities. At the end of the day, all we can say is it's incompatible.

Sorry,

...S

0 Kudos