Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

SERIOUS problems with intel audio drivers for i5 1137g HDMI port

folhouso
Beginner

The plan was to plug my new computer with intel i51137g processor to my tv, using the HDMI port

My tv is plugged into a 7.1 home theater using the ARC port. Works fine with every appliance this way. Anything i plug in the tv gets 7.1 audio thanks to the arc port

Yet my intel i5 1137g wont work with it.

The 'HD audio driver for Display audio" only shows stereo option

Fine, ill plug the computer straight to the home theater

Results:

HD audio driver for display audio only gives me stereo, "quadriphonic" and 5.1 options

Fine, my home theater system is 7.1, but ill go with 5.1

....but the 5.1 option wont work either.

Stereo option works. If i change to "quadriphonic" or 5.1 the audio is simply muted

What can i do to get the intel i5 1135g to output 7.1 audio through the HDMI port?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @folhouso

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please provide the following details?

1- We understand this is a new computer? Did this configuration work as expected before or are you having this behavior since the first day that you have the computer?

2- Makers and models of the TV and home theater:

3- Please provide more details on how exactly you connect the devices, types and brand/models of cables, adapters, etc. Also, please provide step-by-step instructions for replication purposes.

4- If possible, please provide some screenshots or a short video showing the settings, behavior, configurations, etc.

5- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
folhouso
Beginner

Ok, here we go

Ill add another problem that ive just understood what is called so i can post here

THE PROBLEMS

1) computer is plugged into a 7.1 home theater system, wont output 7.1 audio, only stereo

2) Computer is plugged into a samsung tv, wont output more than 30 refresh rate

THE HISTORY

Yes, its a new computer

It was plugged into a smaller monitor and headphones until last week. It dindt had 7.1 audio but the refresh rate was ok

Ever since i plugged it into the big tv + home theeater ive got

- 60hrtz refresh rate. Than ive updated the driver and it was gone forever

- 5.1 audio. Ive got it working for a short time but even that wasnt good, it was cutting the audio a lot. In fact the current stereo setting works but cuts the audio a lot

THE SETTING

as preveiously explained, the computer its an i5 1135g7

The TV is a Samsung UN55JU6000

The home theater system is a samsung ht-j7750w

There´s two types of connections ive made

1) plug the computer into the tv using HDMI cable and the TV into the home theater system using the ARC hdmi port

This one doesent even shows the 5.1 audio option

2) plug the computer straight to the home theater system and this one into the TV

This option gives me the 5.1 audio option - even if my HT is 7.1. Anyway, even the 5.1 option doesent work. I can select it but there is no sound

Both options give me only 30hrtz refresh rate maximum

THE FILES

here is the scan file as requested and two prints of the sound settings

The scan was made with the computer plugged into the hometheater system

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello folhouso

Thank you for your response and for all the details. Please review the following steps/request:

1- Checking the Intel® SSU report, we noticed the system is running driver version "30.0.101.1934". However, we currently have a newer Intel® Graphics DCH Driver available: 30.0.101.1994 (latest). Could you please test with this driver to see if the behavior is the same?

To install the driver, please follow the steps in this article: Clean Installation of Intel® Graphics Drivers in Windows*. During the process, please make sure all steps are followed, including disconnecting from the Internet and making sure you get to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter before trying to install the graphics driver.

2- It seems the Intel® SSU report was unable to pull the information about the laptop's model (it just shows "Default string" for the fields Manufacturer and model). Could you please confirm the manufacturer and the specific model of your laptop?

3- What is the display resolution that you are trying to use with 60Hz that is only giving 30Hz?

Do you have the same behavior if you "plug the computer into the tv using HDMI cable but without connecting the TV into the home theater system"? I mean, using only the computer and the TV without the home theater.

4- Please provide a Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers following the steps on the link. Make sure the SAMSUNG* TV in question is connected to the computer when generating the report.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello folhouso

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello folhouso

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos