Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

[SOLVED] Intel HD Graphics does not want to load driver: Black screen result.

GGrec2
Beginner

Hello,

Just bought a reconditioned PC desktop, a FUJITSU / ESPRIMO P710 (Motherboard Product: D3161-A1), Intel HD Graphics (DX11). Window 7 64 bit.

Let’s go to the issue. While working (after some huge installation/removing operations) I got a blue screen crash. I reboot pc and after the window logo, I got a message saying “DVI signal missing” even if the pc loading sounds seemed to indicate a correct loading phase (switched off with power button on keyboard). 

No problems (I thought), I recovered installation through an old working image backup. Did it. Nothing changed. After reboot, got the same message saying DVI signal is missing. Bad. Very bad.

Restarted system in safe mode. Removed video card driver and reboot. Default Microsoft driver automatically loaded and display returned in basic VGA mode. From this point on, after trying install intel drivers for best performances, I did the following actions always obtaining the some result: Black screen and “DVI signal missing” message after win logo:

1)     Reinstall intel driver letting the pc choosing best driver via internet.

2)     Reinstall intel driver taken from the FUJITSU support website specific for my PC version.

3)     Reinstall older intel driver taken from the FUJITSU support website specific for my PC version.

4)     Remove old driver in safe mode with Guru3D removing software and re-doing previous operations.

Any hint on this case?

Best Regards,

Pireco

P.S. I can provide DxDiag.txt and SSU.txt report only in:

• safe mode with Intel driver
  • normal mode with the VGA basic driver loaded.

Let me know what could be more useful to the purpose.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

So you do not have a add-in graphics card? And you have only a single monitor connected? What type of monitor is it and where is it plugged into the system?

0 Kudos
GGrec2
Beginner

Hello N.Scott. Thank you for your replay. I only have an on-board graphic card. Monitor is a V197 acer plugged via DVI-I connection on card,

I'm glad to report you that yesterday I solved the issue and wanted to share my experience with possible interested users. After tried any possible software solution, I decided to try a procedure found on a website that, frankly speaking, never thought it could have worked but... I tested it and... incredible to say.. it worked and DVI signal came back. I report the procedure I found:

a) Completely turn off your computer and monitor and unplug their power cables.

b) Unplug their DisplayPort connection.

c) Leave them for a couple of minutes.

d) Connect the DisplayPort cable back to the computer and monitor.

e) Plug the power cables back and power the devices on.

If this fix is useful, your DisplayPort connection will work now.

Just a note, let me recap the way the issue rose: "While working (after some huge installation/removing operations) I got a blue screen crash. I reboot pc and after the window logo, I got a message saying “DVI signal missing”. Cable has not moved/touched before, it was connected correctly with tightened screws. I did the same after. So, in conclusion I do not have a precise idea on why the issue has been solved but... the procedure worked! Hope it can helps.

BR,

Pireco

0 Kudos
RAJU2529
New Contributor III

​thanks for the information

0 Kudos