Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

!!SOLVED!! Is it safe to install a driver from the HP support assistant while intel driver & support assistant says that there is no update? See details!

MvanD47
Novice

driver intel.PNGasdfsadfs.PNGHello, i have a HP Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF. The HP support assistant says that there is a update aviable called: Intel Graphics Driver Microsoft Windows x64 bit OSs. But the intel driver & support assistant says that there is no update cause the Graphic drivers that are installed on my PC are from HP. Is it safe to install the updates from the HP support assistant? See pictures for more details! I am hoping for a quick response! 😀

6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Use only the hp assistant.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The IDSA tool is a generic tool and only covers the basic Intel silicon. It knows nothing about custom drivers from the system manufacturer. The HPSA comes from the system manufacturer and knows your PC and can handle all of its drivers for you, including those that have been customized. Bottom line, stick with the HPSA.

...S

0 Kudos
MvanD47
Novice

Thank you for youre quick response!😀 the driver is working!

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

It not only safe, it is recommended. The Intel DSA is designed to support Intel computer, such as NUC or Intel Compute Stick. The laptop manufacturer is customizing the Intel Drivers in order to accommodate with their hardware. So, use the HP updater to update HP laptop.

Leon

0 Kudos
MvanD47
Novice

Okay! Thank you! How can i mark this question as solved?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

I'm glad that your problem was solved. In the bottom of each answer you can see three options: Upvote, Replay and Select as Best. On best answer, please click on Select as Best in order to close this thread and to give positive indication to other users.

Leon

0 Kudos