Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

SR-IOV support for intel Iris Xe Graphics on i7-1165G7

superbunny54
Beginner

Hi, I would like to know if the igpu intel Iris Xe Graphics on the CPU  i7-1165G7 can support sr-iov since GVT has been abandoned with 10th gen CPU on linux.

thank you in advance

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello superbunny54,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

I would like to let you know that the Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 Processor supports SR-IOV (Single Root IO Virtualization), which is a new virtualization feature supported in hardware starting from Intel® Iris® Xe and in some of our discrete cards.

As you mentioned, Gen9 (i.e. Graphics powering 6th through 9th generation Intel processors) is the last generation of the software-based vGPU solution GVT-G (Intel® Graphics Virtualization Technology –g).

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
superbunny54
Beginner

Hello Deivid A,

thank you for your reply, Is there a linux driver for sriov then ?

0 Kudos
Vaikis
Beginner

so were is porper  SR-IOV drivers for Windows 10 using 11t/12h gen Intel processors ? Its impossible to passthrough igpu to Windows 10 and all who did get Blue Screen !!!  You can use passthrough in ESXi,  Proxmox, all have same problems.....  Almost 1 year and support is just on marketing papers.....

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello superbunny54, 

Thanks for replying.

I would like to let you know that our drivers are meant for Windows and our support on Linux is limited. Also, bear in mind that the motherboard/laptop should support or be compatible with the technologies, and most of the time they provide the drivers.

I recommend you to get in contact with the laptop manufacturer for drivers and support, as well as the Linux support team for drivers and firmware.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Michel1
Beginner

Hello,

I have an intel nuc i7 pro and would like to enable virtualisation (linux kvm). As intel is the manufacturer, could you please help me how to do this?

Thanks,

Michel

0 Kudos
Michel1
Beginner

With i7-1165G7 as the processor of course. Virtualisation is enabled in the uefi-settings, ..., so these steps may be skipped. It's the kvm/software-setup that I'm interested in.

Thanks

0 Kudos