Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Screen Flickering Issue due to "Intel(R) UHD Graphic 630 Driver" in Acer Predator Helios 300

aakashpatil
Beginner

I have Acer Predator PH315-51 (Processor- Intel® Core™ i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz) with graphic cards "Intel® UHD Graphics 630" & "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti". 

I have been facing the issue of Screen Flickering since April-2020 after I updated the Intel UHD Graphic 630 driver. The screen flickers and shows random rgb image distortion on screen (Video attached for reference).

This issue is encountered when the Intel UHD Graphics 630 is Enabled. However the issue stops when the driver is "uninstalled" or the driver is "Disabled".

Now, I have analyzed one more scenario which is when I set my brightness level to "100" the flickering stops. However when the brightness is set "on or below 99" the screen flickering starts and also when I put my laptop on "Battery Saver" mode the issue starts.

Also please note, when I attach my laptop with HDMI cable to a new desktop, the screen flickering doesn't appear on the other desktop attached. This has also confused us whether its an Hardware issue or Software issue. Please guide if you can help me with a solution.

I tried updating the drivers through intel official website and acer official website, but there was no solution. Also, installed new Windows 10 with all new update but the issue reoccurs as soon as the Intel UHD Graphics 630 is installed and Enabled.

I'm very much disappointed and irritated of this issue since 10-11 months and even the Acer Support is not able to resolve this issue.

Please help me with the resolution if anyone of you have overcome this kind of problem. Will be  great help.

I have attached the video of the screen flickering and the graphic report as on date.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos