Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Screen flickering on Intel UHD 620, how can i solve it?

HDana1
Beginner

I have a brand new Lenovo Ideapad Laptop with Intel UHD 620 and AMD graphics. On battery i noticed a screen flickering. How could this be solved??

I have updated the drivers and the BIOS and i have put the computer on high performance and the flickering still. 

I disable the Intel driver so the flickering stopped, but actually it is not a solution. How could this be solved?? Any help ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MJurk
Beginner

hey, did you try to go in settings - system - display - advanced display setting

than you can see your refresh rate for best experience it need to be 60Hz

if is smaller or greater

go down there after this information you will see display adapter properties for display 1

click on that

new window is opening than go to tab Monitor and put 60HZ

it should be working on intel driver without charger.

kind regards

0 Kudos
HDana1
Beginner

Hi, Thank you for your answer, but Yes i have tried this one too and same problem.

Could lowering the performance on battery mode solve the issue?? Because i see that the flickering disappear by lower the brightness by 10%, but i have read that i have to put the laptop on high performance.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello HDana1 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. Looking into your post the behavior seems to only present when the system is on battery, once it is plug-in this behavior does not happened. Please try the following: Have you manage the power plan settings on the operating system? Refer to the following link: https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/sln297929/change-sleep-settings-or-create-modify-a-power-plan-in-windows-10?lang=en Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel®. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® for the merchants or services offered there. Have you try setting the system BOIS on default settings? In case you need assistance with this contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) It would be important to contact the OEM to report the behavior and for assistance in case this is related to operating system (OS)/system BIOS settings. Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel
Hello HDana1 Do you have any update on the behavior reported? Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
HDana1
Beginner

Actually i took it to the local supplier and he solve the issue. He told me it is a software issue which i couldn't understand what did he mean.

0 Kudos