Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Second monitor became is not available after driver update.

KZh00
Novice

Laptop: IdeaPad S340 with i3-8145U and UHD Graphics 620

After automatic driver update (latest build 8190) my second monitor became is not available in Win 10. Monitor is IIyama ProLite XB2483.

• There are stable errors in device events:
Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3EA0&SUBSYS_39F017AA&REV_02\3&11583659&0&10 had a problem starting.   Driver Name: oem87.inf Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Service: igfx Lower Filters: Upper Filters: Problem: 0x15 Problem Status: 0x0Device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3EA0&SUBSYS_39F017AA&REV_02\3&11583659&0&10 had a problem starting.   Driver Name: oem59.inf Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} Service: igfx Lower Filters: Upper Filters: Problem: 0x15 Problem Status: 0x0
  • Also I can not launch Intel Graphics Manager application to check settings (what is expected?)
  • On that day my BIOS was updated too.
  • Important NOTE: monitor works when I boot into *nix system on the same laptop. So that I'm sure it is software issue.

Please help me fix this issue. What else can I try to fix that?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
KZh00
Novice

Hello Adrian,

I've followed those steps but it didn't help: second monitor is not working, Intel Graphics Manager absent (although process igfxEM.exe is running)

Then I tried to play with BIOS settings and found weird thing:

• HDMI works when Boot is UEFI
  • HDMI doesn't work when Boot is Legacy Support

I tried with Linux Mint 19.2 boot USB and have got the same results. But on my second system (it's Hackintosh ) HDMI works perfectly 🙂

bios.jpg

In both cases Intel Graphics Manager still not working (but it is not critical for me)

I think my issue is resolved. Thank you for assistance!

P.S.: Then I updated driver to the latest 8190 - it works but without application.

Regards,

Konstantin

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AdrianM_Intel

Hello KZh00,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

Please run the following tool and attach the report generated. 

1. Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download link 
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Questions:

1. How is the monitor connected? is it straight connected with a single cable that has the same connection type in both ends? is there any adapter in the middle?
  2. Have you tested a different monitor?
  3. What was the driver version that you had when the monitor was working?
  4. Before the drivers were updated, did the control panel option appear by doing a right-click on your desktop?

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
KZh00
Novice

Hello Adrian M.,

I did steps and attached report_s340.txt

Answers to questions:

1. I use HDMI<->HDMI cable without any adapters.
  2. Yes, I've tested with other monitor LG connected though adapter DVI-HDMI. It behaves similar: works in *nix system and doesn't work in Win 10 with new driver.
  3. I don't remember exactly but in device events I found that previous driver version 26.20.100.7323
  4. I'm not sure that it was in context menu but I was able to open it from Start Menu and rotate monitor to 90 degree and revert back.

Thanks,

Konstantin

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello KZh00,

Thank you for your response.

Based on the report as you mentioned the current driver installed on your system is 27.20.100.8190.

It's worth mentioning that this is a generic driver, in this case, our recommendation is to uninstall this driver and use the drivers provided by the system manufacturer to not lose customizations performed by the system manufacturer on their system and drivers.

Please follow the next steps:

• Download the driver provided by the system manufacturer S340-15IWL Laptop (Ideapad) - Type 81N8 version 26.20.100.7323.
  • Disconnect your computer from internet access to avoid automatic updates by the OS.
  • Go to apps and features.  
  • Find the Intel Graphics Driver.  
  • Click on Intel Graphics Driver then Uninstall it. 
  • The system must go through a restart to complete the uninstall process.  
  • If no older drivers are stored in the system, the graphics controller in the device manager should now be listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', 'Standard VGA Graphics Adapter' or similar. If not, repeat steps  
  • Run the graphics driver you downloaded from our website.  
  • Follow the wizard installation. 

Please let us know the result by using the OEM drivers on your system.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
KZh00
Novice

Hello Adrian,

I've followed those steps but it didn't help: second monitor is not working, Intel Graphics Manager absent (although process igfxEM.exe is running)

Then I tried to play with BIOS settings and found weird thing:

• HDMI works when Boot is UEFI
  • HDMI doesn't work when Boot is Legacy Support

I tried with Linux Mint 19.2 boot USB and have got the same results. But on my second system (it's Hackintosh ) HDMI works perfectly 🙂

bios.jpg

In both cases Intel Graphics Manager still not working (but it is not critical for me)

I think my issue is resolved. Thank you for assistance!

P.S.: Then I updated driver to the latest 8190 - it works but without application.

Regards,

Konstantin

AdrianM_Intel

Hello KZh00,

Thank you for your response.

I am glad to know it's working now.

Hopefully, this will help other peers.

Regards,

Adrian M.

0 Kudos
JiDi77
Beginner

Hello,

I dont know if it s right but I have a similar issue I use this topic.

I have a brandnew gigabyte B460M D3H / UHD630 (before with the same configuration I had Asrock H61M U3/S3 and it was working perfectly).

I use for my display the displayport. Working well.

I want to use HDMI for my beamer. He does nt work so I try different displays or cable without any success. I tried as well without displayport (means HDMI only and he doesn t work). I tried then the DVI but same issue.

Only serial port is working. Enclosed you can find the logfile from SSU as you requested it in the past.  I tried as well the removal of the drivers for the graphic card but as well same issue.

Any idea?   

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, it is not right. It is called hijacking a conversation.

Every person's issues are different and every person's issues need to be tracked to solution separately. The fact that YOU think you have the same issue doesn't matter. Please open your OWN conversation to discuss your issues. Use the Post a Question button on the Intel Community page to open your own conversation for your issues.

...S

0 Kudos