Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Serious issues after updating driver Intel Graphics UHD 620 Halo mcc

KoLzP
Novice

Hello everyone ^_^ 

So i have a laptop the  HP ProBook 440 G5 Notebook PC.

I do some research if i could play Halo 3 in my laptop and i found out that i could play with it, so i buyed it and was pretty good i could get 60 fps no problems, but later i tried it with Halo reach and again i do some research and i found that i can play it, but that wasn´t true.

When i played it the first the cutscene just freeze out and begin to got from 60 fps to 1 fps, but after the cutscene the game and 2 minutes later the game starting to go at 60 fps and the mupltiplayer happen the same way 2 minutes later and played it good but the issue with the cutscenes still happening.

So i go to the intel downloadcenter and see that there is a new update the driver version 27.20.100.9025, i read the description and there said that the highlight is for Halo Mcc, so i download it and install it, i restarted the pc and when the pc was starting began to go lower so weird but i tried to play the game to see if that new update could work, i started the game and the fps was 10-20 and in the menu just go from 10 to 40, when with the driver that i got before i got easily 60 fps in menu, so  i try to play Halo reach and boom doesn´t even pass after the cutscene the pc just got frezeeed i waited if that changes but nothing, after 10 minutes waiting still the same.

So i was sad about what just happrn i quit the game and started it again for play Halo 3, but here is when all gets bad because i couldn't even play halo 3 happen the same way so i don´t know happen so i restart the pc and uninstall the driver and i install the driver i got before, because with the driver version 27.20.100.9025 i cant even play Halo 3 the game that i could played it in 60 fps without problem, so i restarted my pc again and try to play with driver 27.20.100.8935 (that i had before) and happen the same i cant play Halo 3 and Halo reach, i tried to re install the driver 27.20.100.8935 but nothing happen i have the same issue and today i tried to play another games that i was playing before Halo 3 and i cant play that games, games like DayZ, Verdun, with those games i could play fine the last week so i need help because i cant play anygame after installing the driver  version 27.20.100.9025.

(Im reinstalling the game and happen the same issue)

My pc specs :

Bios : Q85 Ver. 01. 06. 00

Ram : 8 Gb

Processator : Intel core i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz (8CPUs), ~ 2.0 GHz

Directx 12

Graphics : Intel  UHD Graphics 620 

I hope you guys can help me.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Marco2
New Contributor I
Hi, the driver 27.20.100.9025 is still in beta so maybe It wasn't a great idea try to download them, as for halo you should check on gameplay Intel to see of it's avaiable for your CPU and GPU, maybe there Is a compatibility issue, i have halo reach on my PC and i can play fine
0 Kudos
KoLzP
Novice
Hi, yes was a bad idea :c do you know how could i reset all this ? Because i already did all the things that could fix it.
And the gameplay do itintel is weird there because they say i can play GTA V but i can't and say i can't run Verdun but actually i can
0 Kudos
Marco2
New Contributor I
I don't really know, probably the best thing is do a clean reinstall of Windows in this case if you already tried to roll back your driver, opening a support request from Intel will be usless, they will tell you it's best to stick with OEM driver but that's not good if you use your PC for gaming because OEM driver are old and does not support games, i've tried using them and every games crash at launch, if you want to play games you need generic driver, have you tried do a GPU check and a CPU stress test in your PC ti check if everything Is working fine? You can do It with HP support assistant, It should be preinstalled in your pc
KoLzP
Novice
Thanks for your answer, i will try the GPU check and a CPU stress test
Marco2
New Contributor I
Oh sorry if i answer you again, you told that before you could play halo 3 but reach gave you frame rate problem, well that might be normal, even if halo reach Is the first game added to the master chief collection technically speaking Is one of the latest halo entry in the series so it's more graphically demanding, if you check the steam Page of the game you will notice that halo 3 require 2 GB of RAM for run, reach require 8, probably installing beta driver did something bad for your pc, if nothig work try a fresh Windows install, you also should be able to run GTA 5, i find odd that's unplayable with your spec, I've saw video benchmark with your same configuration and the game was running at medium at a constant 25 or more frame, never less, they are enough since the console version some time goes lower than 22, also you can try verify the direct x or the game file in your steam library, Hope you will fix this in a way or another.
KoLzP
Novice
No problem, yes i think the last thing i could do if i can't fix is reinstalling windows i hope don't have to do it.
Thanks for your help and vibe.
Maria_R_Intel

Hello KoLzP,

Thank you for posting on the Community Forums.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• Do you remember the previous driver version installed? If so please provide details.

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

KoLzP
Novice

Hi, so the last week i was a little busy, so yesterday i uninstall everything and i update it again and i can play now but now i have laggy moments 60 fps to 1 fps in random moments.

The last version driver is 27.20.100.8853

Here it's the scan.

Thanks for your answer.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello KoLzP,

Thank you for the information provided.

I noticed with the report that you are using a generic driver from Intel version 27.20.100.8935. Since your system is considered highly-customized (laptop), the best thing to do is using the drivers that are provided by the system manufacturer (OEM) or via Windows Update to eliminate the potential impact caused by loading non-customized drivers (Intel's generic drivers that were not tested on your specific system). The system manufacturers regularly customize Intel generic drivers to meet the needs of their specific system design. In such cases, the use of the Intel generic driver update is not recommended.

Please test the OEM driver, doing a clean installation of the drivers, follow the next steps:

1. Download the latest driver provided by the OEM, version 100.8189. You can find it here https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-440-g5-notebook-pc/17047134/model/17047138?sku=1ZR93LT
  2. Disconnect from the Internet so no new drivers are automatically installed by Windows Update. 
  3. Uninstall the driver and the Intel Graphics Command Center from Control Panel > Programs and Features
  4. Restart the computer. 
  5. Confirm in Device Manager > Video Adapters the controller is listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' > if not, repeat steps 2 through 4. 
  6. If the adapter continues to be listed as ‘Intel HD Graphics’ or similar, and no other Intel Graphics driver is listed under 'Programs and Features' for removal, then it means Windows has switched to a previously installed Legacy driver. At this point we can remove Legacy drivers from Device Manager
    1. Right-click on 'Intel HD Graphics' or similar, and select 'Uninstall Device'
    2. In the pop-up window make sure 'Delete the driver software for this device' is checked. 
    3. Click on 'Uninstall'. 
    4. Restart. (Repeat steps 6.1 through 6.4 until the device gets listed as 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter') 
  7. Install the driver that was downloaded in step 1. 
  8. Restart the computer. 
  9. Reconnect to the Internet. 

We also recommend to verify that you have your system is up to date, check for any Windows* update pending. Also, your BIOS is not up to date, you are using version 01.06.00  from 2019 and the latest available is 01.14.01 from 2020. You may want to check the HP website and verify all the drivers available for your specific Laptop. https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-440-g5-notebook-pc/17047134/model/17047138?sku=1ZR93LT

On the other hand, we do not have recommended settings in our website gameplay.intel.com for this specific game, so the best is to contact the game developer and make sure you are using the proper hardware to meet the requirements and ask for the recommended settings. Also, game developers are usually providing updates and fixes for the games.

Please, let us know the outcome.

Best regards,

Maria R.

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello KoLzP,

Were you able to check the previous post and follow the recommendations?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello KoLzP,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos