Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

'Settings' is not opening in Quartus Prime Pro 19.4

SSikk
Beginner

I installed 'Quartus Prime Pro 19.4' in windows 10 64-bit OS which has 16GB RAM. Whenever I try to open 'settings' tab in the tool, it is not opening and window panel has been attached. Due to this, I'm unable to perform any simulation.

I have already uninstalled twice and re-installed software, but still facing the same issue. Please check and re-solve it asap.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Your image is so small and low quality that we cannot read anything. Capture the specific window's contents using the ALT-SYSRQ key combination, paste it into a image editor (like Windows Paint), save it to a file and then upload and attach it to a response message using the paperclip icon.

...S

0 Kudos
SSikk
Beginner

@n.scott.pearson​ , Thanks for your reply. Can you please check this image attached. Hope this will help you.Settings.png

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ok, so you're asserting that the lack of parameter display in the app's settings window is somehow Intel's fault? Please describe your system. Best if you download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Attach the generated file to a response message (again) using the paperclip icon below the edit box. We (and Intel Customer Support) will peruse this data and get back to you.

...S

0 Kudos
SSikk
Beginner

I'm using windows 10 64-bit OS which has 16GB RAM. I have attached the file again. Please check it.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

That doesn't tell us anything. Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows. Attach the generated file to a response message (again) using the paperclip icon below the edit box. We (and Intel Customer Support) will peruse this data and get back to you.

...S

0 Kudos
SSikk
Beginner

Settings.pngI have run the Intel System Support Utility for Windows, No changes are found. I have attached the file using paperclip icon (attaching again). What are information you require regarding my PC?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

You attached the wrong file; this is the screen graphic again, not a report from SSU.

...S

0 Kudos
SSikk
Beginner

Here is the SSU report. Please check it.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

From what I can see, your BIOS is very old and your graphics drivers (both AMD and Intel) are moderately out of date. Check the HP site for updates to all three (but especially BIOS). Also, when dual graphics engines are present, there may be custom updates made to support the two engines working together. Ask HP Support whether they have made any modifications to these driver. If not, then you can update them from the AMD and Intel sites. Get the answer and we can discuss the update process.

...S

0 Kudos
Robert7
Novice

I'm posting to help others who find this thread. I had a similar problem and found the solution. The settings window is being drawn off the screen. To fix this, I had to move the settings window back onto the screen by right clicking it in the taskbar and selecting move. Then using the arrow keys to move the window onto the screen.

See post: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Quartus-Prime-Software/quot-Settings-quot-menu-not-opening-in-Quartus-Prime-Pro-19-4/m-p/1201809#M65938