Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20590 Discussions

SmartPSS Fullscreen on Second Monitor Issue.

MEFIT
Novice

I have SmartPSS installed on multiple workstations, but for some reason, it will not do fullscreen on the second monitor on one PC.  I would drag it over to the second monitor, maximize it, bring up the cameras as usual, then click on fullscreen.  With every workstation but one, it will do fullscreen on the second monitor.  That particular PC will only do fullscreen on the first monitor.  I believe the settings are the same, so I am not sure why it will not do the same with this one PC.  The program is opened on the second monitor, but when I click on fullscreen, it does fullscreen on the first monitor instead of the second.  Again, I believe the settings are the same as other PCs with a second monitor, so I am not sure why it will not do the same thing as well.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

MEFIT, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of both monitors being used?

The other systems, are they also working with the same model of computer and monitors?

Was it working fine before?

When did the issue start?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, please check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

And also please provide the Intel® Graphics report to confirm how the monitors are being recognized:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hello MEFIT, I just wanted to check if you saw the information posted previously and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
MEFIT
Novice

Hey Albert R.,

Sorry for the delay.  I have attached the two reports, and the following are the details for the computer and monitors:

• Motherboard: Dell 06CV2N Version A01
  • Desktop: Dell Vostro 3681
  • Primary Monitor: Samsung S27B350
  • Secondary Monitor: DELL SE2419H
  • Windows 10 Version: Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.985
  • Environment: Work

This computer is a new one that replaced another computer.  The old one worked fine with those two monitors, but the new one will not do the same thing.  I usually just drag it over onto the second monitor, maximize the window, then click on the fullscreen icon in the bottom right.  It is supposed to make it fullscreen in that monitor, but for some reason, it is only doing so in the first monitor.  The software itself is still maximized in the second monitor while the cameras are shown as fullscreen in the first monitor.  The old computer is not the same model as the new computer.  Also, there is one other computer that uses two monitors, and both the computer and monitors are different.  That computer is fine with getting it to do fullscreen in the second monitor.  As far as I can tell, the settings are pretty much the same.

MEFIT

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

Hi MEFIT, Thank you very much for providing that information and the reports.

Based on the information showing in the SSU report, we can confirm that the current graphics driver installed on your system is version 27.20.100.8935, which is the driver tested and validated by Dell, that is actually the driver that we always recommend to install since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

Since the problem happens with that driver, what we can try now is to do a clean installation of the Intel® Generic Graphics driver version 27.20.100.9466 following the instructions in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30381/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Once you get the chance, please let us know if you are able to use full screen on the second monitor with that driver version installed.

If the problem persists:

Are you using adapters or converters to connect the monitors?

For testing purposes, do you have the option to use a different monitor as the second one to verify if the issue is the same?

Also, we suggest to get in contact directly with Dell to gather the instructions on how to do a BIOS update and make sure the latest BIOS version is installed in your computer:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
MEFIT
Novice

Albert R.,

Unfortunately, doing a clean installation did not work.  No adapters or converters are used to connect either monitor.  Also, I did try a different monitor, but still the same issue.  I went to the link provided, and there were three drivers mentioned.  One of them was for the BIOS.  I went ahead and updated the BIOS, but still the same problem as before.  I also attached a screenshot of the driver updates mentioned.

MEFIT

0 Kudos
Alberto_Sykes
Employee

MEFIT, Thank you very much for letting us know those results, we are sorry to hear the issue persists.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello MEFIT, I just received an update on this matter.

We understand that you are not using dongles or adapters to connect the monitors, just to confirm, which video ports are you using to attach each monitor to the workstation?

Also, how is Windows recognizing the displays? Which is display 1 and which is display 2?

Regards,
Albert R.

0 Kudos
MEFIT
Novice

Albert R.,

The two monitors are set as the following:

• Primary Monitor:  HDMI and Display 2
  • Secondary Monitor:  VGA and Display 1

Unless I missed something, both computers have the same setup.  One is fine, the other is not; so I am not sure what could be the problem with this particular computer.

MEFIT

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello MEFIT, Thank you very much for clarifying that information.

There are several threads about issues when using a second monitor in SmartPPS, here are some instructions when using 2 monitors, please make sure to select and followed the specific steps to make it work:

https://dahuawiki.com/SmartPSS/How_To_Use_SmartPSS_With_Two_Monitors

Additionally, we also recommend to contact the SmartPPS support directly to confirm if the app/tool is properly set.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello MEFIT, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello MEFIT, Since I have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos