Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan.

lyradd
Beginner

I recently updated Windows 10 ver. 1909 to ver. 21H1.  Windows Update also installed 4 Intel drivers which were not optional. The Intel DSA, which worked just before these updates, said I was up to date and didn't need any drivers. After the Windows update, the Intel DSA is giving me this error message: Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan.  I have uninstalled the Intel DSA and reinstalled with the latest version, I still get the error message.  I have also had to use Windows System Restore to remove the 4 apparently unneeded Intel drivers.  I am still getting the 'Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan' error message.

Browser: Firefox 89.0

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @lyradd

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Regarding this error message, we recommend going through the following steps in case you haven't tried yet:

• Besides using Firefox*, please also test using one of the other supported browsers (Chrome*, or Edge*).
  • Clear your browser cache.
  • Click “Refresh Results” on the menu on the left-hand side of the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) scan page.
  • If the system is powered on and running 24/7, try to reboot it.
  • Try uninstalling (the normal way through Windows* Add/Remove programs) and then reinstalling Intel® DSA latest version Version: 21.3.21.5.
  • Please also check the Frequently asked questions about the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant for additional information and suggestions.

You may also try to completely uninstall using the special Intel® Driver & Support Assistant Uninstaller which removes all files related to Intel DSA and then do a fresh install of the latest version again.

If the issue persists, please provide the following information to check this further:

1- What are the "4 apparently unneeded Intel drivers" that were installed by Windows* Update and you needed a Windows® System Restore to remove them?

2- Do you have any browser plug-ins (ad blocking or script blocking)?

3- Are you a home user? If yes, what is the brand and model of the router?

4- Do you have security or anti-virus software installed, if yes, please provide details.

5- Are you on a company network?

6- Please attach all the Intel® DSA files zipped from the following 2 folders (not just .log files but all the files in the folder):

NOTE: the ProgramData folder may be hidden by default so you may need to un-hide it to view the Intel® DSA log files. Instructions to un-hide are: > Windows File Explorer > View > Show/Hide: check the box for "Hidden Items".

7- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread to gather more details about your system.

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Note:

Due to the following reasons, Intel® Driver & Support Assistant may not be able to detect your hardware:

1. You have an older component.
  2. Your component is discontinued or isn't supported.
  3. You have a component not produced by Intel.
  4. You have a customized graphics driver pre-installed by the computer manufacturer.
  5. The component isn't in our database.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
lyradd
Beginner

I reinstalled the Windows update (KB5003637) along with the 5 Intel driver updates and all seems to be working (except for Malwarebytes which isn't your problem). I am now able to scan!  Can you tell me what these 5 Intel driver updates are for (see pic)?

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello lyradd

Thank you for your response. We are glad to know that now you are able to scan using Intel® DSA.

Regarding your inquiry about those updates, we understand they are updates offered/pushed by the Windows* Update service. Unfortunately, they don't have a clear description of what they are about. In order to set the right expectations, it is worth mentioning that Intel doesn't control what updates are installed by the Windows* Update service; however, we will take a look into this and we will be posting back as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello lyradd

After checking further your inquiry about the "5 Intel® drivers" installed through Windows® Update, we would like to inform you that we did some research, but we couldn't find any official information on what they are for (considering the screenshot doesn't have a clear description of what they are about).

We know that if you click on each of those updates (records) in "Windows® Settings > Update > View Update history", it may take you to a Microsoft* website where each KB (knowledge base) ID number is explained what it is about. Please keep in mind that this is provided for your convenience and those steps are not indorsed to Intel and also, we cannot confirm that the information you find in there is 100% accurate. In this case, we believe the best thing to do is to contact Microsoft* Support and check this directly with them.

Having said that and since you confirmed the issue with Intel® DSA scanning has been fixed, we will proceed to close this inquiry now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos