Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Stereoscopic 3D

TRobert
Beginner

Hi,

Is there any way I can watch Stereoscopic 3D movies with these hardware?

TV: LG 3D TV with HDMI 2.0 ports

Laptop1: Lenovo T470, i7-7600U, HD Graphics 620

Laptop2: Lenovo T16, Intel i5-1245U, Iris Xe

From my PC with Nvidia card, I can watch 3D movies on the same TV with the same movie player.

On Laptop1, I can start movies in 3D, but something is wrong with it, the image is terrible. Maybe because of HDMI 2.0? Is there any solution for that? HDMI 1.4 cable, DP-HDMI cable, some sort of hardware that converts the signal to HDMI 1.4?

On Laptop2, there is no 3D settings in the Intel Graphics Command Center and the movie player says my display is not a 3D display. Stereoscopic 3D is not supported anymore?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @TRobert

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.  

I am sorry to hear what is happening with your laptops, I will gladly assist you here. 

Regarding the laptop #2, please be aware that The Intel® Graphics Drivers for the 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processor family (Formerly Known as Alder Lake) and onwards, including Intel® Arc™, will discontinue the support for Stereoscopic 3D. This was notified here

Regarding the laptop #1, please provide us with an Intel® SSU report so we can have more information about this specific system: 

Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. 

Note: Make sure to mark the box that says "everything" before pressing the Scan button. After that, click on "Next>" and select "Save" and then, attach the .txt file. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
TRobert
Beginner

Hi @Jocelyn_Intel 

Thank you for your reply.

I'm very sad that Intel also discontinued the support for Stereoscopic 3D.

I attached the SSU report, but unfortunately I can't connect to the 3D TV in the coming days. I don't know if it is necessary, or you can see something from the report.

Regards,

Robert

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @TRobert  

Thank you for the information provided. I am sorry to hear that the Stereoscopic 3D discontinuance it's an inconvenience for you.

I will do some research regarding the other laptop. As soon as I have updates, I will post them here. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @TRobert

Thank you for your time. 

Please be aware that your graphics driver version is really old and this may be causing issues on the Laptop #1. Update your graphics driver to the latest driver version

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @TRobert   

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
TRobert
Beginner

Hello,

I can try it only on the next week (the TV is not in my house). Thank you for the help, I will write as soon as I can try.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @TRobert

In that case, I will keep an eye on this thread for any updates. 

Thank you for letting me know, have a nice rest of the week. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @TRobert  

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to try the steps of our previous posts as you mentioned you will be able to do it around this week.

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @TRobert    

We have not heard back from you, so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos