Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20857 Discussions

Strikers 1945 II on A770 crashes to the desktop when I try to start the game.

laxesta
New Contributor II

Strikers 1945 II won't launch on the A770 when you are in the main menu and press A to start the game. 

The game seems to be running fine, and the demo runs perfectly, which indicates that the game is perfectly compatible with the A770 and it runs well.

However, when I press A to start the game, it crashes to the desktop every time. I tried several options, like Fullscreen instead of windowed, 720p instead of 1080p (HDR on/off), and so on and so forth.

I recorded a video. The crash happens at the 50s mark.

STRIKERS 1945 II on A770 Steam version crashes to desktop - YouTube

I purchased the Strikers 1945 bundle to play with my 5 y.o. nephew and both Strikers 1945 and Strikers 1945 III run like a dream without a single issue, but Strikers 1945 II doesn't.

The GPU drivers are the latest (from february 16th 2023 iirc), regular version of Windows 11. 

SSU file attached.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta

Thank you for posting on the Intel Communities. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes when trying to play Strikers 1945 II on your system.

As a first approach to this issue, please try reinstalling the game on your system. If the persists, please let us know the following information:

• What distribution service was the game downloaded from?
  • Is Resizable Bar enabled on your system?
  • Please share a screenshot of the in-game graphic settings.

Best Regards,

Hugo O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

Hello @Hugo_Intel .

In regards to your questions, I have the game on Steam, and Resizable BAR is enabled.

These are my settings -just like the other two Strikers 1945 games which work like a charm-:

Strikers19452.png

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta

Thank you for sharing this information with us. We will continue checking this issue internally, and I will post back once I have an update for you or in case I need more information.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_Intel
Employee

Hi @laxesta,

Thank you for your time. There are a couple of things that we would like to clarify to continue working on the case:

• We could not see any crashes on the vide, would you be able to share a screenshot of this error you are getting?
  • Have you tested the game on different drivers> if so, do you experience the same error?

Best regards,  

Carlos L.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

Hello @Carlos_L_Intel .

The crash happens when the video stops. The video was recorded with Windows + G app -game bar- which just focus on a single screen, so when the game's window crashed the video stops.

Additionally, you don't get any message, the game crashes and sends you to  Steam/desktop.

I tried the game with the latest drivers 31.0.101.4146 and the result is the same. The game stopped for an extra couple of seconds without crashing but crashed anyways, it behaved just as before.

These games are fun for me 'cos I play it with my 5 y.o. nephew, who loves this kind of aircraft -specially Strikers 1945 III-. Striker series features infinite continues on Steam and we play coop to complete the game and have lots of fun, 'cos if my nephew has to continue he just has to press A and the game continues as if nothing happened, it doesn't throw you out of the action. 

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta

I appreciate the information provided. We will need to continue our internal investigation of this issue, Could you please first test the driver version 30.0.101.3959 and install it using Display Driver Uninstaller, this is to make sure the issue is not exclusive to newer driver versions. After you test the driver you can go back to the latest version 30.0.101.4146.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
laxesta
New Contributor II

hello @Hugo_Intel .

I followed your instructions, installed DDU, removed the drivers as indicated, and then I installed older drivers, but it didn't work. The game behaves exactly the same as before.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello laxesta

Thank you for letting us know the results of the troubleshooting. I will continue researching this issue. I will get back to you once I have an update for you.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos