Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Sudden crash with a loud static and half of pixels blue or broken

CobaltBlue
Novice

Hello this has been happening for a while now, my laptop crashes completely with a loud static on my headphones while im watching streams and doing other stuff and the screen becomes weird as if the pixels are broken (caps lock and other keys dont work so no response from the laptop) my drivers are up to date my specs are intel i5 9300h, 16gb of ram, 1st gpu is intel graphics 630, 2nd gpu is nvidia gtx 1650 4gb. I tried solutions such as disableing power save from shutting down the intel gpu. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CobaltBlue
Novice

Hello, Im in contact with the support team via e mails thank you for your help. I will be flagging this as solved.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DeividA_Intel

Hello CobaltBlue,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Provide the Report for Intel® Graphics Drivers: 

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005848/graphics.html 

3. Does the issue appears when you use an external monitor/TV?

4. When did the issue start?

5. Have you get in contact with the laptop manufacturer?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
CobaltBlue
Novice
Hello, sorry for the late update. I have got in contact with intel on twitter about this issue they said they will try to understand the issue and reply back.
0 Kudos
CobaltBlue
Novice
I am not able to do the first 2 options at the moment i will try it as soon as i can get to my laptop but for the other questions
3- no my laptop directly crashes on its own screen
4- it started around 1 and a half month ago and has happened almost 6-7 times in total, all when im watching either a stream or a video and checking emails or discord while the video/stream is on in the background
5- yes they have said this problem has never occured on new laptops and suggested that i use the drivers that the laptop came with
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello CobaltBlue, 

Thank you for the information provided so far, I will be waiting for the reports. Also, as the laptop manufacturer mentioned, I recommend you to use the drivers from them since those are customized to work perfectly with your laptop.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello CobaltBlue, 

Were you able to get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
CobaltBlue
Novice

Hello, Im in contact with the support team via e mails thank you for your help. I will be flagging this as solved.