Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20503 Discussions

Switch profile shortcut

DBeza
Beginner

My new Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd Gen has Intel UHD 620 graphics. The Intel System Support Utility (SSU) lists the driver as:

- Driver igdkmd64.sys

- Driver Provider Intel Corporation

- Driver Date 11/30/2017 05:00 PM

- Driver Version 23.20.16.4877

On my previous Lenovo Yoga, a right-click on the desktop brought up a context menu from which I could choose the display profile I want to apply. Now, the context menu contains only an entry for "Intel® Graphics Settings", requiring a several extra steps to actually select the profile. I also tried the Taskbar notification icon, but did not find anything other than the "Intel® Graphics Settings" choice there.

Is there a way to get back direct access to specific profiles on the context menu or, alternatively, on the Taskbar notification icon?

Thanks!

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello DaveInOhio,

Thank you for contacting us regarding our display profile feature, it will be more than a pleasure to provide you with all the information about it.

The reason why this feature is not present on the Lenovo X1 Yoga, it's basically because of the graphics controller embedded on your CPU.

This feature was removed since previous versions of the Intel UHD graphics Family; however we are pretty interested on your feedback.

I strongly recommend you to submit your feedback here:

/thread/112438 https://communities.intel.com/thread/112438

The link above is a thread specially designed in order to take customer's feedback and then develop the ideas trough our team of engineers, so we are open to all kind of suggestions.

I hope this helps,

Best Regards.

Diego S.

0 Kudos