Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

The latest Radeon RX Vega M driver from Intel can't be installed on my device (Intel Core i7-8705G)

firdaus
Beginner

Cuplikan layar 2022-01-01 131147.pngCuplikan layar 2022-01-01 131212.png

I'm using Acer Aspire 7 with Intel Core i7-8705G and Radeon RX Vega M GL, the latest driver that can be installed is 27.20.21003.11000 from Intel. The two newer driver since 30.0.13025.1000 won't install on my device. When I checked the INF file from the driver files, it's missing line [AMD694E.2 = "Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics"], I thought it was the problem. Any solution about this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
28 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

You must not remove the lines completely, but only the ends "&SUBSYS_xxxxxxxx&REV_C0" (in both INFs)

Also you need to disable driver signatures.

To avoid issues create a system restore point before any installation.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello firdaus, I just received an update on this matter.

We just wanted to let you know that we are currently still working this out with AMD but it is taking longer than expected. In the meantime, the driver can be installed using the "have disk" method following the steps below:

1. Download and save the .zip file from Download Center.
  2. Go to where the .zip file is saved and unzip it.
  3. Open the Device Manager:
  • Windows 11*/10*: Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.
  1. Expand the Display adapters section.
  2. Right-click the Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics.
  3. Select Update driver.
  4. Click Browse my computer for driver software.
  5. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  6. Click Have Disk.
  7. Click BrowseSelect the location where the driver files are located. The target .inf can be found within the driver folder in Packages > Drivers > Display > WT6A_INF > U0374970.inf
  8. Click Next. Drivers are being installed.
  9. Reboot the computer when prompted.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
exspell
Beginner

This did not work for me. When hitting next, it returns the following. 

exspell_0-1647474471118.png

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

@exspell 

this happens if you do "manual installation" where you point to a folder instead of "have disk method" described by Alberto.

Did you reach the window attached below?

Stefan088-20220317-051933.gif

0 Kudos
exspell
Beginner

Thanks! That worked!

But now I get the message below every so often popping up. Updated Radeon software still won't install on my machine - but at least the driver is updated/functional.

exspell_0-1647524815212.png

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

To fix the above problem you may update the registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AMD\CN>DriverVersion with the version number copied from the driver in the Device Manager. Once updated, the message will not appear again and you will be able to use the AMD Radeon Software.

Leon

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello firdaus, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously about using the "have disk' method to install the driver was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hello firdaus, Since we have not heard back from you, we are closing the case, but if you have any additional questions, please post them on a new thread so we can further assist you with this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos