Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Too big app

R_Kede
New Contributor I

Hi.

All is ok. there's no problem.

I've notices a very big app called "Intel graphics driver software".

I tried to remove it but to no avail.

I even removed my graphics driver to check if it uninstalls but it still remain.

Is there a way to remove it?

thanx

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Jean_Intel

Hello R_Kede,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. 

Keep in mind that there is a file from Intel named like the application you have installed. However, it is to install one of our drivers, and it isn't 3.58 GB in size. Be careful with what you download from the internet. If you want to download any of our drivers, visit our download center (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download-center/home.html).

I understand that you are having trouble uninstalling the file. Have you tried if you can do it as an administrator?

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
R_Kede
New Contributor I

Thanx.

I just think it's too big.

I don't know how to uninstall it.

There's no Gui option for uninstall.

thanx

The issue remains

Screenshot 2022-05-10 124232.png

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello R_Kede,

Regarding your question about uninstalling the program, I found an article from Microsoft with different options to uninstall an application (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uninstall-or-remove-apps-and-programs-in-windows-10-4b55f974-2cc6-2d2b-d092-5905080eaf98).

If you still have queries about uninstalling applications from your operating system, you should contact Microsoft support for further suggestions.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
R_Kede
New Contributor I

Your advice didn't work for me.

There's no uninstall option in the general user interface.

the problem still remains.

0 Kudos
fabiansky
Beginner

Have you tried it maybe with third-party software? I remember having the same problem with my Microsoft Surface Pro a long time ago and ccleaner helped...

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello R_Kede,

I am sorry to hear that the Microsoft article didn't help you.

As fabiansky mentioned, you can try uninstalling this program using third-party software; however, my suggestion is to try and contact Microsoft support to confirm if they have any other recommendations to uninstall an application from their operating systems.

Best regards, 

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
R_Kede
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello R_Kede,

Thanks for reaching out to me.

I will keep this thread open for some days, just in case you have any other questions.

Best regards, 

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
R_Kede
New Contributor I

It took me some time to think about it. but now I think it has something to do with my previous dispaly driver - 30.0.101.1191.

I've had issues with it and afterwards  have replaced it with 30.0.101.1660.

after that i had an autonomous display driver installation from Microsoft. the latter driver has the same version number.

but no matter what i do, I can't uninstall this driver software.

I assume it's the manual installation 30.0.101.1660. or the 30.0.101.1191 driver.

any ideas ?

0 Kudos
R_Kede
New Contributor I

I've removed the app with DDU guru3d software.

The issue is now resolved. 😁

thank you all.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello R_Kede,

We are glad to know you found a solution, since the thread is solved we will close it now.  

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards, 

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel

Hello R_Kede,

It is important to mention that our driver is not that big. Possibly, if you installed the driver from another website, this might be the cause might be a virus or something not legit from Intel. Considering that you couldn't delete the driver and had to use an uninstaller, my recommendation is contacting to the OEM to report this in case of malware.

Please keep in mind that this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards, 

Jean O.

0 Kudos