Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20589 Discussions

Touchscreen not detected in device manager for Dell Venue 11 pro 7140

Cris
Novice

Dell Venue 11 pro 7140 has code 10, device cannot start listed for ACPI\SYNA7500\1, listed as problem device in system info. The device 12C HID Device has error in device manager. Originally came with windows 8.1, upgraded to windows 10 pro.  Installed Intel serial IO driver, installs successfully but still does not recognize touchscreen.  BIOS is set to legacy as UEFI does not allow PC to start or recognize OS. 

When disengaged from keyboard, PC in not operable due to not detecting touchscreen. Changing to tablet mode does not affect touchscreen capability. 

Is there somewhere in the BIOS that needs to be enabled? It has been updated to the latest firmware. All windows updates have been run successfully. Any help is appreciated. 

Cris

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You need to contact dell for help with the touch screen and/or bios.

Also, is your touch screen monitor plugged into a usb port?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Cris
Novice

The venue 11 pro has an detachable screen. Since the touchscreen does not respond, it has to stay docked to the keyboard. After reinstall of Windows 10, the 12C HID still has an error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Intel serial IO driver, nothing seems to make a difference.

The pen and touch is not available in settings. The touchscreen is listed as a problem device in system info.

Cris

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Sounds like an issue that Dell can help you with.

0 Kudos
Cris
Novice

I'm getting the same run around from Dell here and Windows as well.  I can't update the driver, the HID Compliant Touch Screen is not listed in the device manager. I have tried updating the driver from Dell website and I get the answer below:

Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device

Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot start. (Code 10)

If you know the manufacturer of your device you can visit their website and check the support section for drivers."

Is there a legacy driver or substitute driver to install? I tried using one for windows 8.1 which the laptop had originally installed. It said could not use as wrong OS. Thought it was worth a try, but alas, no.

Please don't reply with Go talk to someone else......

Cris

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Ok, there is nothing that can be done here.  It is not an Intel product, the touch screen is not an intel product, and the driver is not an intel product.

0 Kudos
Cris
Novice

It is indicated that the Intel Serial IO driver is needed. So it could be an Intel issue??

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Dell will have all the drivers for their device on their website.  Go there, and get the driver.

0 Kudos
Cris
Novice

So sorry to continue to bother. Dell website driver Intel Serial IO did not fix the problem. Possibly a windows 10 issue, but I posted here as the driver was Intel. 

Thanks for your understanding.  

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Matters not. Dell is responsible for shipping a set of drivers that make their platform work the way it is supposed to. If this driver is crucial to their touchscreen solution, then they should have a driver on their site that works. Bottom line, get them to explain why their solution doesn't work.

...S

0 Kudos