Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Trying to connect monitors, four in total, to both the integrated graphics unit and discrete graphic

bluerblue25
Beginner
Trying to connect monitors, four in total, to both the integrated graphics unit and discrete graphics card simultaneously and produce four independent, no cloning, displays.

I am attempting to run two screens that are connected to the integrated graphics on the cpu and two that are connected to the gpu.

I have researched this question and the answer is, yes, it is possible but whether or not it can be done depends on the specific system.

The essentials of my build:

CPU-Intel G5400 (4M cache, 3.7 GHz)

MB-ASROCK b365m HDV

GPU-Asus GT 1030-SL-2G-BRK

RAM-32gb Timetec 2133 MHz (2x16gb)

OS-Windows 7 64-bit Professional

Most of what I have read says that the capacity of the motherboard to support this feature is the crucial factor. I believe the MB does support this. The MB has a setting for "iGPU multi-monitor." I have adjusted the applicable BIOS settings in as many ways as I can think to but with no success yet.

Does the CPU support this?

Do I need to install an additional driver for the CPU?

Thanks everyone
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What you need to do is to check if the motherboard allows integrated and discrete to operate at the same time.  This is typically a bios parameter.  Check with asrock if this motherboard supports this bios setting.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello @bluerblue25

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We found that you have an internal open case describing the same issue and the same hardware/software environment as the one in this thread. Since Intel® Customer Support is already assisting you through the internal case, to avoid duplication of effort we will close this inquiry now from our end and the support will continue through the internal case.

Note: We will leave the thread open for other users to participate.

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos