Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Trying to find a compatible driver for the Intel Graphics component of my motherboard.

DBuen2
Beginner

I have a Gigabyte H310M M.2 2.0 motherboard and I use Win7. Gigabyte does not provide graphics driver for Win7.

I tried to install Intel Driver and Support Assistant (installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 first) but I'm still receiving error message ["#(loc.NET452WIN7RTMErrorMessage)"], so I can't count on this software to identify the graphics component of my motherboard.

One of these would help me:

• Is there any Win7 driver that would work with this motherboard? Anyone that works would be ok, even if it the video does not work in its full capabilities;
  • Any clues on how to solve this Intel DSA installation problem?

Thank you,

D.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

There is no driver support for Windows 7 on any 7th generation or later Intel Core processor. Gigabyte should have told you that. Starting with the 7th generation processors, only Windows 10 is supported.

Windows 7 is completely EOL 'ed come January. Time to upgrade to Windows 10. Did you know that you can still use your Windows 7 license key to install Windows 10?

If you don't like Windows 10, you have no alternative other than switching to some distro of Linux instead.

Reality bites,

...S

0 Kudos
DBuen2
Beginner

Thank you Scott for your reply. I thought there could be a chance of partial compatibility.

Maybe I'll switch to Linux soon.

Regards,

D.

0 Kudos